Vieira appointed New York City FC head coach

Sorry I was just reading the comments on the news story on NYCFC site and this popped up:

"Did you think Ned Grabavoy was the right decision? How about the constant changing of formation and back four. Even in the last two months Kreis was still tinkering with the lineup. I agree that City brass forced Pirlo on him. I agree that City brass probably pushed him to play all three together."

I couldn't not laugh. They had to force a manager in the MLS to play Pirlo.

The comments made from football fans stateside is like reading comments from the planet Zog. They've gotten 4 world class, world renowned footballers, 5 top players if you count Iraola in their setup and they're acting like they'd rather not have them and just have american players/manager from the MLS instead.
It does sound silly, but there's some truth to what they were saying. Pirlo didn't really fit in with their squad since they already had a packed midfield and lacked a quality defensive midfielder -- Lampard, Mix, Pirlo.. none of these guys are going to actually help stop an opposing team and they needed that steel with their lack of quality at CB. It also meant that Poku who was probably the breakout player in MLS last season didn't get many minutes down the stretch.

With that being said, they should have done better and it was clearly the right decision to replace Kreis. I find some of the rhetoric from other US fans about the difficulty of playing/managing in MLS to be overboard, but it's definitely a very different animal than European football.

In a parallel universe Man City don't offer Vieira the job, he then leaves City and goes on to take his first caching job at his first job Cannes, in his first year in the job, he helps Cannes win promotion twice on the trot and then finish 2nd behind PSG and his skills are quickly seen by his former club Arsenal, and Vieira that summer replaces Arsene Wenger, the man that brought him to Arsenal, he then goes on to be the most successful Arsenal manager in history.

See how it can look the other way. Nobody knows
Again, I think Viera will be good. I'm simply pointing out that those who don't appreciate the selection, are not being delusional. There are legitimate reasons why someone would oppose it. And I listed some obvious ones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.