Vieira appointed New York City FC head coach

Good luck Patrick, we will see you back here in a few years me old mucker.

Great career choice, going in at a level that he should be ok with, more top end experience, big players will respect him.

City manager in 2022, you heard it here first.

I was aware they were crap defensively, but I also attribute that to the calibre of defenders they have. I watched them in that friendly against the Swedish team at the academy stadium earlier in the year, and immediately it was obvious how individually poor the defenders were. They had two black centre halves who were like a comedy duo, that left back with the silly moustache, and another duffer at right back I think. When Facey came on at half time he actually calmed the whole defence down somewhat.

But of course, throw a couple of loanees into a group of poor, inexperienced defenders and you have problems. I think one of the 3 designated players should have been a centre half (a Demichelis type would have been ideal - although on paper that Iraola should have had a similar effect). I can't see Vieira suddenly turning around the defence unless they get a few upgrades in.

I think the goalies decent though.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Demichelis doesn't go to NYCFC next year. He appears to be coming to the end of his time at City and I remember a video on MCFC OS just after he joined us when he actually said he would be interested in ending his playing days in NY. His experience and steadiness would be good for them.

I don't see how we could appoint Viera as boss on the back of a couple of years success at NYC.

The US league is quite a low level compared to the Premier league, say about League One.

We wouldn't appoint a new manager with a record of success at League One level, so why appoint anyone from a similar level in the US?

Surely our next manager should be a top man who has proved himself at the top level.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Demichelis doesn't go to NYCFC next year. He appears to be coming to the end of his time at City and I remember a video on MCFC OS just after he joined us when he actually said he would be interested in ending his playing days in NY. His experience and steadiness would be good for them.
It would definitely make sense, but with 2 young kids I'd think he'd rather they get settled back in Argentina rather than carry on globetrotting. There were rumours linking him back to River Plate this summer I think.

If NYCFC fans don't like the CFG using their connections to benefit each club then maybe they should just cancel Pirlo, Lampard and Villa's contracts.

Sorry I was just reading the comments on the news story on NYCFC site and this popped up:

"Did you think Ned Grabavoy was the right decision? How about the constant changing of formation and back four. Even in the last two months Kreis was still tinkering with the lineup. I agree that City brass forced Pirlo on him. I agree that City brass probably pushed him to play all three together."

I couldn't not laugh. They had to force a manager in the MLS to play Pirlo.

The comments made from football fans stateside is like reading comments from the planet Zog. They've gotten 4 world class, world renowned footballers, 5 top players if you count Iraola in their setup and they're acting like they'd rather not have them and just have american players/manager from the MLS instead.

I don't see how we could appoint Viera as boss on the back of a couple of years success at NYC.

The US league is quite a low level compared to the Premier league, say about League One.

We wouldn't appoint a new manager with a record of success at League One level, so why appoint anyone from a similar level in the US?

Surely our next manager should be a top man who has proved himself at the top level.

It would almost be as ridiculous as Barca appointing Pep.

What had Guardiola achieved before the Barcelona job came his way ?

1 season at Barcelona B

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.