Vieira - I've let City down

law74 said:
Dons tin hat and retires to the bunker before saying that PV reminds me of Steve McManaman, no longer got the legs or pacefrom we remember when they wore red, but are always in space looking for the ball, the difference being that now we have players that know that when we have the ball they need to be moving, either into space to receive a pass or to drag opposition players out of position to allow a team mate the space to run into.
Both players had the vision and quality to play the kiler pass, just PV's teammates are much better than McManaman had to put up with.
Has he the legs for wednesday night? I for one sincerely hope so.
(PS just heard Barry is fit for the game but Lescott and Ireland are out).

Can't believe you have compared McManaman with Vieira. Tell me it's a wind-up law74!! I think Vieira will improve game by game as his fitness improves and I can see him eventually joining the coaching staff in the future particular if Mancini stays at the club for the long term. His vision and experience could be invaluable.

i'm a big fan of Paddy.. the person he most reminds me of is Didi Hamann a few years back, an old fella without the dynamism of old but who is a great passer, with great vision and a very cool head on his shoulders. Personally i think he brings a lot to our side, not least his forward passing and positivity.. if he can pull off a few more performances like the Villa one then he can definitely stick around

Big Pat, i tip my hat

Totally agree with you Jong_ones. Though I do not wear a hat, so I can't tip it... ;)

I think he is more direct in his game play than any of our others midfielders, and he always strives for a pass up the pitch.

Vieira is a winner, and that's the difference, he thinks he's let us down because he's used to being the best. This was why he was brought here, because he's a winner. He showed his qualities on Saturday, and he'll probably show them again tomorrow.

City fans will have to get used to having winners in the squad, and the players won't be happy when they're not at their best.

Its a good example to those players who don't yet know how to win, I won't name any names....

Clubber said:
Not the player he once was. If He took a dramatic cut in wages, i would still keep him at the club, as he is a great player to have around, and can still mix it now and again.

Him and bellamy should work more closely with the youngsters, to help them develop.

How aggresive would our youth team be then.

Why does everyone keep harping on about what we can,what we shouldn`t spend,pay cuts,paying too much for transfers etc MONEY ???
Because we can afford it nowadays and if our superb owner wants to pay that sort of cash then we NO longer are looking after the pennies,but bloody £`s and Millions of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get a grip everyone !!
Agree entirely with you ref them working alongside the youngsters and that would be a great move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.