Vieira [Merged]

Re: Vieira

I thought Vieira was great when he came on. A commanding presence with great vision as we saw with some of his passes.
I don't want to labour this point but I feel that Ireland would benefit from playing alongside Vieira and ditch de Jong. I know some of you rate DJ but honestly he's a third rate 'chopper'.

I feel De Jong is our most overrated player, if you see the other holding midfield players, they can pick a pass forward. De Jong is capable of passing but always chooses the easy sideways or backward pass. Vieira may have lost pace but his passing is sublime, Barry as well can pick a pass. Macherano can pass, Fletcher and Carrick boss the midfield and pick passes easily. If Michael Johnson can ever live up to his reputation back before the injury and weight gain, he would be perfect alongside Barry with Stevie in front.

supercity88 said:
I feel De Jong is our most overrated player, if you see the other holding midfield players, they can pick a pass forward. De Jong is capable of passing but always chooses the easy sideways or backward pass. Vieira may have lost pace but his passing is sublime, Barry as well can pick a pass. Macherano can pass, Fletcher and Carrick boss the midfield and pick passes easily. If Michael Johnson can ever live up to his reputation back before the injury and weight gain, he would be perfect alongside Barry with Stevie in front.

We should have bought Palacios

Bloody hell I've never read so much rubbish. He did alright, wasn't sublime as some plumb said or as shite as a lot of people said. Did a job and that was it. He looks off the pace still but with a few more minutes under his belt should look better for the run in.
Anyone who want NDJ dropped is having a laugh, he wins so many balls and breaks up play better than anyone at City for a long long time. The big difference was changing to 442 and actually going forward. Sunderland scoring was the best thing for the game as a spectacle as we would have just sat back for 90 mins and tried to nick one. Once we changed formation and went at them we showed we were by far the better team. We should have gone at them from the start and we would have had an easy afternoon.

Re: Vieria is poo

He's trying to perfect the art of playing football without moving!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.