Vieira on loan (Merged)

Re: Vieira on loan

Yes please...as we have Chelsea(A) and Liverpool(H) coming up quite soon...and I especially liked these few words at the foot of the MNE article;

City may also be bolstered for Wednesday's first leg by the returns of the injured Shaun Wright-Phillips, Nedum Onuoha, Robinho, Micah Richards and Roque Santa Cruz.

Not sure on an 18 month deal if this is true but not a bad short term signing
The Italian daily Corriere Dello Sport reports today that Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has returned to his former club to make his first signing, former Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira .

The 33 year-old has had limited opportunities at the San Siro under Jose Mourinho, making only 12 appearances so far this season. However, Manchester City boss Mancini who knows Vieira well from his time at Inter, has spoken extensively with the player according to reports and the midfielder is set to sign an 18 month deal at Eastlands.

The Frenchman is in the final year of his current Inter contract, but the deal may not be announced for several days as Vieira will likely be needed for Inter's upcoming fixtures against Chievo and at home to Siena.

World Cup winner Vieira is still hoping to force his way into the French squad for this summer's tournament in South Africa and hopes that regular football at Manchester City will boost his chances. Vieira has made over 100 international appearances and knows the English game extremely well having spent 9 successful years with the Gunners.
http://www.imscouting.com/global-ne...n-for-Vieira-according-to-Italian-media/4697/

Would be good if true, he's exactly what we need, a bit of experience, a passer, a cover CM.

With Johnson out untill the end of the season this would help us alot, especially now that Irelands out for a few weeks and with Kompany having to play at CB for a while...

But theres something retarded in that article though:

City may also be bolstered for Wednesday's first leg by the returns of the injured Shaun Wright-Phillips, Nedum Onuoha, Robinho, Micah Richards and Roque Santa Cruz.

I didnt even think that Richards was in much danger of missing out anyway, Robinho recovered from his injury like a month ago and all the rest are defintley out arent they? exept SWP?

Team to face Utd could be:

....................Given....................
Zabaleta....Kompany....Córdoba....Garrido/Richards (Mancini seems to like playing him there)

..................de Jong..................
..........Viera.............Barry..........

Bellamy............................Petrov
...................Tévez...................

And for me Viera could get in the team ahead of Ireland/Barry, but they both need to be given their chances...

Very smart signing. Reposting what I put in the Tolmie thread as didn't see this here.

Not sure why some folks are against the idea of Vieira on loan. It's going to be very hard to bring in a top class midfielder in January so it's a decent move to provide cover for the second half of the season. As the injury to Ireland has shown, we have *zero* cover for our midfielders. We had to play Sylvinho in CM against Boro.

Vieira brings experience, class, height and a winners mentality. He is also a box to box midfielder and not a DM... so the folks saying "we have DJ" are missing the point. We have no cover for Barry or Ireland.

Vieira adds an important thing that I feel we are lacking right now despite NDJ's best efforts and that is midfield presence. He is experienced, he knows the premiership and has a winning mentality. He'll stop teams playing through our midfield because reputation will proceed him. This deal will be much like the "Didi Hamann" deal in my opinion. His knowledge of the game to pass down to our current players will be more vital than what he actually does on the pitch for us, because lets face it, he's not the long-term answer at 33 is he?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.