Vieira!

Re: VIERA!

djelanomcfc said:
LongsightM13 said:
Oh allo. Who rattled your cage? Were you even at the game tonight? Stand by every word. He was that bad. A complete liability. And I rarely, if ever, start a thread of any description, so I don't know where you got that from. I have belief in Mancini, but not Viera.

nobody rattled my cage but that wasn't the worst performance from a city player in the last 30 years.......No i wasn't at the game and niether were you.

He was poor overall today - I just can't see why we need him, De Jong and Barry there. It doesn't work against sides like Stoke, lets get back to some creativity in midfield and using our wide-men. Ended up happy with a point, so negative its unreal.

djelanomcfc said:
LongsightM13 said:
Oh allo. Who rattled your cage? Were you even at the game tonight? Stand by every word. He was that bad. A complete liability. And I rarely, if ever, start a thread of any description, so I don't know where you got that from. I have belief in Mancini, but not Viera.
nobody rattled my cage but that wasn't the worst performance from a city player in the last 30 years.......No i wasn't at the game and neither were you.
Block 39. Row 11. Seat 971. Enter via turnstiles 48 to 50. I am on my way home. I have a phone I can post from. You are being very odd

He was the only midfielder trying to make a forward pass, not surprisingly because of that gave the ball away a few times. Not his best game but he was a big physical presense in the midfield and got in stokes face.

LongsightM13 said:
djelanomcfc said:
nobody rattled my cage but that wasn't the worst performance from a city player in the last 30 years.......No i wasn't at the game and neither were you.
Block 39. Row 11. Seat 971. Enter via turnstiles 48 to 50. I am on my way home. I have a phone I can post from. You are being very odd

you got your guide dog too? To say that was the worst performance in 30 years is bollocks, he wasn't even our worst player, 1st half I hold
my hands up, he was poo, second he was our best player.

He was an absolute disgrace.

He can't run, he can't pass, he can't tackle and he's got no control.

He gave the ball away countless times and should have been sent off, hopefully the FA will look into it and he'll get a 3 game ban.

Sun Jihai's ghost said:
He was the only midfielder trying to make a forward pass, not surprisingly because of that gave the ball away a few times. Not his best game but he was a big physical presense in the midfield and got in stokes face.

There is far too much OTT stuff about players all the time. It is possible to have a poor game without being the worst performance in 30 years etc etc. He is struggling with the pace of the game as I see it but hopefully that will improve as he gets fitter and more attuned to the game here now.

Yes he is a big physical presence but we need more than that if he is to be considered as a playmaker. He looked better in the second half after they went to 10 men but really that was more about Stoke dragging everyone back to the penalty area than Vieira taking over. He couldnt help but get on the ball as they left midfield a lot more. Trouble is he didn't really make anything happen and doesnt make the sort of runs or movement that was going to unlock them.

Sun Jihai's ghost said:

Thats how I saw it too, we were quite physical as well tonight which was good to see, probably learning from the Everton game

Whelan had him totally sussed out tonight. Every time he gets the ball he turns back towards his own goal. They waited for this and then they pounced, either tackling him or forcing him into giving it away, often in dangerous areas. Even when they were down to 10 men and retreated, they knew he was the weak link and would dwell on the ball, so pressed him knowing a first time ball is never going to happen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.