Viktoria Plzen pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pppppppppp said:
Viktoria Plzen lineup: Kozáčik - Rajtoral, Hejda, Procházka, Limberský - Horváth, Hořava - Petržela, Kolář, Kovařík - Bakoš.

Bakos up front might be a risk as he is only getting his match fitness back as he has been out with a couple of injuries lately. Hejda in defence is the weak link, a skillful forward ought to make his life hell. Rajtoral withdrawn from midfield to right back due to injury to Reznik, which means Petrzela starts on the wing. Defence won't suffer but the attack will, as Petrzela is fast but has zero composure. I can see him getting past Kolarov a few times but his end product is terrible.

I'm expecting to see at least 4-5 inch perfect balls from him tonight then!

SkyBlueUSA said:
Damn, Pellegrini must have soured on Rodwell, he didn't even make the bench.

He is on the bench. Him and Milner played themselves out of the side with poor displays at Stoke. Probably wouldn't have started anyway but Saturday didnt help..

We might be really exposed on the left. With Nasri tending to come in a lot, Kolarov is going to try fill that gap and well leave the defense exposed. Somehow I feel Milner might be good on the left eventhough he is better on the right. Could prove more balance between defense and Attack.

abu13 said:
----------------------------------------------------HART------------------------------------------------

ZABBA-----------------------NASTY-------------------------GARCIA---------------KOLAROV

--------------MILNER-------------------------FERDY-----------------------NASRI---------------

---------------------------------YAYA---------------------------AGUERO-----------------------------

------------------------------------------------NEGRADO----------------------------------------------

I'd like to see Yaya further up the pitch tonight.

Navas to come on after an hour and rip them a new one, would sooner save Kompany for the weekend if he is fit.
Here are 6 definite starters:
Hart: Goalie
Zab: Only available RB
Kola: Only available LB
Fernandihno: Didn't play Saturday
Navas: Played very few minutes Saturday
Aguero: Played very few minutes yesterday

If I were to guess of those who played the whole game, which would start:
Nastasic: I think he starts because he is the most trusted CD outside of Kompany.
Yaya: It should be doubtful, coz he played the whole game Saturday. But he always starts, so I wouldn't wager against it.

So Now there are really only 3 more spots: ( think Yaya starting is doubtful coz he played the whole game, but it hasn't happened yet so I'd still wager)
he'd start)
1 CD: Lescott, Garcia, or Kompany: If healthy Kompany, if not, it really is a toss up. I don't think CDs need as much rest as others, so if the coach was impressed with Garcia, he may just start and keep the balance, if not then Lescott.

2. Left Mid: Nasri, Milner Jovetic: Nasri is most likely. Nasri has the best chance. Most comfortable on the left, and he didn't finish the game. Milner played the whole game, so he has a lesser chance of starting on the left unless protecting Kolarov becomes an issue. Jovetic has the least chance of starting out there in my opinion, but you never know, this is a new manager.

3. Here is the wildcard: As there are 2 questions: 2nd striker or 5th midfielder. If 5th midfielder, then both Milner and Nasri get to start with Aguero up top alone. If 2nd striker, then the question becomes Negredo or Dzeko. If 2nd striker, I think it will be Dzeko.

So here is how we most likely start:
Hart
.....Zab.........Kompany/Garcia.........Nastasic........Kolarov
...............................................Yaya..............................................
..........Navas....................Fernandihno................Nasri......
............................Aguero.................Dzeko...........................

or

Hart
Zab...Komp/Garcia...........Nastasic.........Kolarov
.........................Yaya............Dihno..........................
.....Navas...............Nasri...................Milner.......
...........................Aguero.......................................

My gut instinct tells me it will be 2 strikers and thus, #1

Strong 11 that. I see the left side as our weakness though with this line up. Kolarov is suspect as fuck defensively and nasri won't offer him enough protection.

Big 'Chelsea' game needed from fernandinho and navas needs to start doing what we bought him for.

Stoned Rose said:
Strong 11 that. I see the left side as our weakness though with this line up. Kolarov is suspect as fuck defensively and nasri won't offer him enough protection.

Big 'Chelsea' game needed from fernandinho and navas needs to start doing what we bought him for.

The left side is our weakness no matter how we line up really! Always seems a pain in the arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.