Vilas Boas

The Fat el Hombre said:
Uknown quantity. Supposed great man management skills and dilligent tactical to skills, that gives him at least one advantage over our manager. Negatves - will he be able to handkle the pressure? Time will tell, but a worthy gamble for chelsea IMO, and will be very interesting to seee how this pans out
Should Chelsea be gambling?

Porto almost always win their League. So they win it again...big deal.

The manager is regarded as the son of Mourinho because of all the links, but it's a strange appointment and maybe a reaction to their recent failures with managers with a proven track record.

Marvin said:

The manager is regarded as the son of Mourinho because of all the links, but it's a strange appointment and maybe a reaction to their recent failures with managers with a proven track record.

Porto didn't just win the League. They won the treble and his win ratio was something like 84%.

That's astonishing for such a young Coach.

simmers said:
He'll be gone by Christmas. Don't understand why everyone is getting so exited

Reminds me of what other fans said about Mancini when he was appointed.

Marvin said:
Should Chelsea be gambling?

He's not really unknown to Chelsea. He used to do friday night analysis of our games on CTV and the board/owner and much of the backroom staff (the people running the place not involved in coaching) are pretty much the same and know him from Mourinho's time. He's an unknown quantity as a coach at top level but I'm pretty sure the club know him as well as you could hope for.

Its also worth noting that the same Porto squad he took over came 3rd in the league the year before. He turned them into an invincible season and won every competition they were involved in. Before that he took over Academica, 9 matches into their season (losing all and in last place) and bringing them to a mid table finish.

adammck said:
djelanomcfc said:
adammck said:
Weren't there 3 Portuguese teams in Europa League Semis? Just saying....

Yeh the real elite of european football. How many were in the champions league quaters, semis or final?

Don't get off topic mate, you mentioned it's 'nearly as good as the Scottish premier league'

It never will be as good. Don't get upset about it.
The awesomeness of Samaras and the SPL will always remain supreme.

ALSO, NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE EUROPA LEAGUE. (except Portuguese teams)

djelanomcfc said:
adammck said:
djelanomcfc said:
Yeh the real elite of european football. How many were in the champions league quaters, semis or final?

Don't get off topic mate, you mentioned it's 'nearly as good as the Scottish premier league'

We did when we were in it. Don't be dick.

MCFC-alan88 said:
djelanomcfc said:
adammck said:

We did when we were in it. Don't be dick.

OH DEAR....PLEASE re-READ THE WHOLE MESSAGE but thanks for calling me a dick.
I was only joking and by the way incase you're wandering I don't think that Samaras is awesome and I don't think the SPL is supreme.
I thought people may notice that the post wasn't serious but you obviously did not.
(Maybe a ;) would have helped.)

Castiel said:
He's not really unknown to Chelsea. He used to do friday night analysis of our games on CTV and the board/owner and much of the backroom staff (the people running the place not involved in coaching) are pretty much the same and know him from Mourinho's time. He's an unknown quantity as a coach at top level but I'm pretty sure the club know him as well as you could hope for.

Its also worth noting that the same Porto squad he took over came 3rd in the league the year before. He turned them into an invincible season and won every competition they were involved in. Before that he took over Academica, 9 matches into their season (losing all and in last place) and bringing them to a mid table finish.
His credentials are high, no doubt, but they don't include winning the CL, and that is what your owner craves most, and he doesn't appear to bugger about if the manager doesn't win it. I would say the minimum he has to do to still be there this time next summer, is win the league, and even that is going to be a tough task, as your squad does need something of an overhaul. I hope RA gives him the time to actually build his own squad.

Do you think that RA will bring in someone else above him ?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.hasandrevillasboasbeensackedyet.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hasandrevillasboasbeensackedyet.com/</a>

cleavers said:
His credentials are high, no doubt, but they don't include winning the CL, and that is what your owner craves most, and he doesn't appear to bugger about if the manager doesn't win it. I would say the minimum he has to do to still be there this time next summer, is win the league, and even that is going to be a tough task, as your squad does need something of an overhaul. I hope RA gives him the time to actually build his own squad.

Do you think that RA will bring in someone else above him ?
Well judging by whats been going on since he arrived I'm starting to believe that there has been a major paradigm shift in the board room. He seems to have been given absolute power over footballing matters and has sacked a bunch of coaches/scouts/medical staff and replaced them with his own people. He cancelled our first pre season game to give the players more of a break and because he felt that it didn't leave enough time for him to evaluate the squad and identify which new signings we need and which players need to be moved on.

This is something that has never happened in the Abramovich era, not even Mourinho was afforded that much power. From what he's said in his press conference he's even got complete control over new signings and who's moved on - also something new. I believe the managers before just made suggestions, and the powers that be had the final say, this appears to be the opposite.

This all makes me pretty excited because as a fan I've been calling for this for years (and as opposition fans you can clearly see our problem is undermining the manager and forcing decisions on him on a whim). All that seems to be changing which can only be a good thing. He has said that success is expected immediately and he is prepared to meet those expectations. His future obviously depends on how well he does in this first season, if he replicates Porto's success here we could be looking at the first truly long term manager at Chelsea we've had since before I can even remember.

To answer your question about someone above him, he has said that he would be happy with a Director of Football, but he didn't describe the position as someone he answers to - rather someone he would collaborate with to bring the academy, reserves, first team and business side of the club together. So far I couldn't be happier with how this situation is unfolding, but final judgement in the eyes of the rest of the football world is reserved for the upcoming season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.