villa (ge) idiots

Halfpenny said:
zapbranny said:
I'm well within my rights to have an opinion and give you an answer to why everyone hates city. You, sadly instead of trying to get perspective just prove my point, tools like you are the reason city are becoming disliked.

On your other point, I can state with 100% honesty that I'm not jealous of city. I find it's a bit like playing champ manager with real Madrid, too easy and it devalues the achievement. Who doesn't enjoy seeing the youth come through and build a team, obviously purchasing as well. Do I admire city? .... No I don't, all city have done so far is to try and weaken those teams around them by buying their better players. I admire teams like arsenal, players coming through youth teams, bought in cheaply and playing the same system at all levels; then adding the odd exceptional talent. Clearly city have a different agenda and after spending a lot need to achieve success quickly as a return.

I find it intersting to read other fans inputs on our threads and they give different perspective. Clearly people like this struggle to accept anything outside of their opinion could have any basis will always be a waste of time talking to. You carry on in your insular bubble, that way, what you don't understand won't take up your last remaing brain cell currently running your knuckledragging processes.
I agree that there is an element of arrogance creeping into some of our fans, but it comes with the territory. If a team gets better it comes on naturally, even subconsciously. Even those of us (the vast majority I must add) who have seen us in the shit are suddenly more optimistic (on the whole, we still have our share of doom-mongers) and as I say, with that comes a touch of arrogance. It's not fair to judge our support on that one trait though; most, if not all of the big clubs have had that for years.

On the subject of the youth team, Mancini's relinking the academy products with the first team (that was the major part of Hughes' management I didn't like; he completely isolated the academy and Jim Cassell, who made it great, left the main setting and went to set up one in Abu Dhabi. Mancini is starting to re-establish the youth in the team (Boyata, Ibrahim, Cunningham, Nielsen - though the latter was forced - have all played this year. Along with the older graduates). Of course I like seeing academy players come through and we still are, even with the talent we're buying in.

However, I must say this. Do I care that people like you hate City? Do I fuck. Am I really bothered that we don't have the respect of the league? Certainly not. It must mean we're doing something right. I certainly prefer it to being everyone's second club through no reason except pity, and the fact that we were worth 6 points a season. We're one of the forces in the league whether you like it or not, and I don't think that's going to change any time soon. We've never cared about the opinions of other clubs' fans. The club as an entity is far better than it has been for quite some time, and we've drawn the short straw for years and years with mismanagement at boardroom and dressing room level. Surely we deserve some luck? The animosity is quite amusing from some fans of other teams really, and long may it continue..

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe the reason we expect to be challenging for the league is evident in last season's facts.
we lost only 7 games, one more than chelsea who lost the least games in the league.
two of those defeats were in the last seconds of injury time in derby games.
one of those defeats was in the crunch against tottenham where we had to win but they didn't. hence, the pressure was on us far more than spuds.
one of the defeats was a complete balls up by our ex-manager.
the same ex-manager was also responsible for a run of 7 straight draws.
2 of these draws were more than acceptible results against loonypool at anfield and your mob at villa park.
3 of these draws were in home games that we'd been in front in. 1-0 at home to relegated hull, ended 1-1. 3-2 at home to relegated burnley, ended 3-3. 2-0 at home to fulham, ended 2-2. mancini's city quickly dispatched such teams in the second half of the season, so much so that a number of city fans moaned about the lack of entertainment games like these produced. games like bolton at home 2-0, wigan at home 3-0, pompey at home 2-0, stoke at home 2-0 and even blackburn at home 4-1.
i know this is ifs and buts, we are however a more efficient outfit under mancini.

If my Aunty had bollocks she would be my Uncle.

End of the day City finished 3 points ahead of Villa in the table and that would have been reversed if we had beaten you away. Theres going to be some dissappointed fans in here next year because i dont see anything that is suddenly going to make you title contenders. Your main competition is Villa, Spurs and possibly Everton next year, forget about the top 3.

to be honest, i wont slag other fans off, villa dont want milner to go and thats up to them. but wont our 25-30 mil help villa to get a couple of decent players and then they will also be pushing for 4-6 place. any way, what have we won to brag about at the moment, but when we do........................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.