Villa (H) Post Match Thread

Apologies if this has been put on earlier, but if the goalie puts the ball down to kick it away and a player who is offside, runs and takes the ball and scores,is that not the same. Didn't nani do that a few years ago at the swamp

VERY BIG WIN

tough game villa playing on the break the weather the pitch injuries to walker KDB and we shown steel and balls
forget offside never was mings should know better and clear the ball or just leave it

BT sport are shocking and everybody working for them are clueless or bitter fuck off Rio ? you said fuck all last season in the champions league when we got knocked out with a offside goal when the player was offside ?? in fact you said it was naive of the city defence (once a scum)

big shout out to phil foden and gundogan and B.silva work there fucking socks off tonight
Robbie Earle now moaning about Bernie's goal as if we've suddenly invented a new law.

That scenario happens every match, today it just led to a goal.

How often do you see a striker offside, leave the ball for another, receive the pull back and score...

if Bruno Fernandes and united did what rodri did it would be goal of the season and quick thinking and great move

Typed this in the match day thread after we got the second

“Get in. I will say it now.. as didn’t want to jinx it but that Bernardo goal seemed like a goal you would reflect on as a huge moment in a title winning season.”

A great win ....but that was a compilation of how not to score goals. A lot of effort expended by already tired players when the game should have been comfortably in the bag after 40 minutes.
Sterling was as bad as can be, a complete waste of a shirt and should not have come on in the 2nd half. Dias saved our bacon today and Rodri was very solid.

All quite simple isnt it, all Mings has to do is not touch the ball and it's offside all day. The moment he touches it the ball is in play again.

This is all on Mings and his lack of awareness, nothing else.
Must admit I thought it was well offside, even went for a pee thinking it will be disallowed. Great win tho, get Kun back firing on all cylinders and we should walk the league.

Excellent, well fought victory. Possibly the most entertaining match of the season to date, certainly exciting!

The most surprising thing for me tonight was to find that John Moss and the VAR ref know the laws of the game better than the alleged 'expert' paid a no doubt significant sum by BT to question VAR decisions, and the rag affiliated pundits... Experts my arse.

I get really bored with these offside debates on TV. Surely, with all the highly paid pundits available someone could clearly set out the relevant laws and explain why the decision was correct or not, instead we usually get uninformed fact-free ‘expert’ views.

Here’s my twopence worth: Rodri wasn’t offside because he wasn’t interfering with play. That doesn’t mean he can then interfere with play later on, in this case by making a tackle once an opponent has played the ball.

The rules are actually fairly clear now, it seems a shame that none of the experts seem to be aware of them.
And Wio blaming the rules for confusing the players. Surely, the players know the rules. Might confuse the armchair fans but shouldn't confuse the major stakeholders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.