Villa (H) Post Match Thread

Away from the ball.

It really is quite simple, you make a move towards the ball it’s interfering with play.
Not if the ball was last played deliberately by the defender.
EG if a defender deliberately plays a back pass to his keeper, failing to spot an opponent in an offside position, who then intercepts that pass, then the attacker is onside.
it doesn’t matter where the opponent is, if and when the ball is deliberately played by the defender, then intercepted.
The clue is ‘deliberate’ and Mings was deemed to have deliberately played the ball, thus rendering anyone and everyone onside.

It’s not Rodri’s fault at all.

But Mings should be fully entitled to turn towards his own goal without interference from an offside player.

The moment Rodri prevents Mings from doing so he is interfering with play.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

FFS. as soon as Mings chests the ball AND ALSO when he then kicked the ball he plays Rodri onside. It has always been like that.

That law has not changed for at least 60 years.
Doesn't mean it right. But on the other hand, what's the better way? I don't know. So we should accept it until having a better way.

On another thought, actually, people only make effort to make rules better when there's a lot of complaints, so... complain or not, it's all good!

Read my previous post.

Dinho gave a penalty away in similar circumstances against a German side in the CL. I thought it was a joke then.
I haven't the time or inclination to compare the events.
But for the record when a professional takes part in a professional game it's his or her duty to learn the laws. No use bleating when it suits them.
I dont know if this law has changed recently or been in place for years there is really no excuse for the players.
For what it's worth I would prefer it if the concept of offside was applied only to receiving the ball or being involved in play.

Everybody who understands football knows that he was played onside by Mings touching the ball, nobody at BT or on the Villa bench understands this, frankly, I find that baffling.
Agree, it’s bizarre. As Pep said, teams play with someone behind the line at set pieces, and have done for a few years. No difference with what happened tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.