Villa (H) Post Match Thread

That twat hates us ! Him and snidy Tim Howard never miss an opportunity to have a dig at us.
I sent an email to NBCSN regards that twat Higginbotham. Here’s what I said....

As a viewer of your excellent soccer coverage over the past seven years or so, I feel it is appropriate that you receive feedback relating to comments made by Mr.Danny Higginbotham following the Manchester City versus Aston Villa English Premier League game.

I recognize that his views and comments are purely his opinions, but his comments relating to Manchester City’s first goal show a complete lack of understanding of the rules of the game. For an ex-professional to express such a strong opinion while clearly not knowing, or understanding the rules of the game (in this case the offside rule), I would expect NBCSN to question whether he is qualified to be on your panel and you should seriously consider an alternative to ensure your high standards are maintained.

Not if the ball was last played deliberately by the defender.
EG if a defender deliberately plays a back pass to his keeper, failing to spot an opponent in an offside position, who then intercepts that pass, then the attacker is onside.
it doesn’t matter where the opponent is, if and when the ball is deliberately played by the defender, then intercepted.
The clue is ‘deliberate’ and Mings was deemed to have deliberately played the ball, thus rendering anyone and everyone onside.
Yes of course he deliberately played the ball he chested it down and was being a bit cocky-other than that he had a very solid game

Everybody who understands football knows that he was played onside by Mings touching the ball, nobody at BT or on the Villa bench understands this, frankly, I find that baffling.
It’s not even a new rule, it’s been around a few years now. These people are supposed to work in this game and don’t even know the laws. As you say, baffling!

Smith is a coach for fuck’s sake, a coach in the top league in the world of this sport and he’s getting himself sent off for overreacting on something he doesn’t understand in the sport he’s paid millions to work in!

Not if the ball was last played deliberately by the defender.
EG if a defender deliberately plays a back pass to his keeper, failing to spot an opponent in an offside position, who then intercepts that pass, then the attacker is onside.
it doesn’t matter where the opponent is, if and when the ball is deliberately played by the defender, then intercepted.
The clue is ‘deliberate’ and Mings was deemed to have deliberately played the ball, thus rendering anyone and everyone onside.

There’s no need to argue the legality of the decision to me, I’ve already stated that there was nothing wrong with the refs decision.

It’s not Rodri’s fault at all.

But Mings should be fully entitled to turn towards his own goal without interference from an offside player.

The moment Rodri prevents Mings from doing so he is interfering with play.
Mings was entitled to stop playing and take a free kick, he chose not to and played on it really is that simple.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.