Villa post match thread

Frustrating as fuck to watch but again, I'll take 4 more games like that then clear house on the pitch after the final whistle against the Saints..

Fernandinho had a point to prove it seems because when he came on, he was immense.

Not a very impressive performance but it is about the three points at this stage and it is not as if the team has changed- it is the same problem of defending, which has cost us this season. We have scored more goals than any other team in the league but we cannot set ourselves up defensively especially in set pieces and this is what will have to change next season.

Three points and it is important that we finish as high as possible on the table.

We scored from a corner. We scored from a corner.
Huge win. We would need to fuck up 3 games to give Liverpool a chance to get CL from us. Mind you they still have Chelsea away ! Onwards and upwards to 3rd with the Rags still to play Arsenal and Everton. But its good to know that the unthinkable probably won't happen.

Any win against a side with a lot more to play for than you is a good win, but we were really poor today. Some players put in some truly horrendous performances that are hard to overlook. Kolarov, goal aside, was as poor as I've ever seen him, while Yaya and Lampard bordered on pointless. Hart had one of his shit days, while Demichelis seemed to struggle to get anything right all game.

Still, to get the win despite half the team having mares, the other half not a whole lot better, and a referee who seemed hell bent on giving them every chance is a good result. I swear Benteke was offside from literally every attack they had, except the one he was actually called offside on in the second half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.