Villa post match thread

Big win in terms of securing top 4 but shows just how far we've fallen this season. Saying that, had we won more games whilst playing that bad, things may have been a lot different. I'll take another 4 of them and finish 2nd.

allblues09 said:
3 clear cut penaltyies not called and we still win. I'll take the three points. Some of our fans are quite embarrassing.

Are u joking? We were absolutely awful!!!

Damanino said:
Second half felt like 70% possession to Villa ffs. How we lose complete control vs a team like mediocre Villa who have a bit of desire and 2 danger men at best....

Lucky win in the end and it might help us to get the very important top3 as thats guarantees CL but seriously we went back so much since last year.

New manager and a big overhaul on squad needed asap.
You've got to give credit to Villa as well. They have beaten Pool and Spurs in the last week.

jollylescott said:
Very lucky 3 points. All our problems laid out for Khaldoon to see.

Fernando is blinking useless, and why on earth he plays him ahead of Fernandinho is one of life's mysteries.

Putting Lampard in with Fernando was borderline suicidal.

Perhaps neither were Manuel's transfer targets and he is trying to make a point in a desperate bid to keep his job for one more year after a completely controlled transfer window?

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Bar the first 15 minutes that was utter fucking dog shit again. Just for once though we got away with it, and I reckon we were due some fortune. The cull in the summer though needs to be brutal

Starting with the manager.

As a quick side note, who the fuck voted Kolarov man of the match? Is it an award for the player who succesfully finds touch most regularly?

Silva_Spell said:
Manager was shit (FL+YT+FR in CM against a nippy Villa? laughable)
Team was shit
Ref was shit (We had 2 blatant pens)
Atmosphere was shit

Good job Liverpool are even more shit

Pretty much this! If we don't get a good manager i.e klopp then we can kiss goodbye to top 4 next season

BigOscar said:
Any win against a side with a lot more to play for than you is a good win, but we were really poor today. Some players put in some truly horrendous performances that are hard to overlook. Kolarov, goal aside, was as poor as I've ever seen him, while Yaya and Lampard bordered on pointless. Hart had one of his shit days, while Demichelis seemed to struggle to get anything right all game.

Still, to get the win despite half the team having mares, the other half not a whole lot better, and a referee who seemed hell bent on giving them every chance is a good result. I swear Benteke was offside from literally every attack they had, except the one he was actually called offside on in the second half.

Eh ?

There haven't been many occasions when we have played that badly and came away with the 3 points so I am taking this win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.