Villa, Silva and Liverpool

There is something that puzzles me. All the indications are that they are in a financial mess and their tansfer budget is in the £20-25m range. If that's the case, why the hell are they spending £17m on Johnson? Are they just plain stupid blowing nearly all their money on one player who, whilst being a good player, is not exactly going to magically transform them into title winners. OR... do they have a far bigger budget than the media is having us believe?

Checked out RAWK earlier. Their ITK Shanks Legend posted on the Villa thread that there were no noises within the club regarding Villa. Johnson's deal is being held up by a thigh injury.

They all seem to believe Shanks Legend so it looks like this is highly unlikely. Plus, of course, Red Scouse haven't got a proverbial pot to piss in.

Tricky_Trev said:
There is something that puzzles me. All the indications are that they are in a financial mess and their tansfer budget is in the £20-25m range. If that's the case, why the hell are they spending £17m on Johnson? Are they just plain stupid blowing nearly all their money on one player who, whilst being a good player, is not exactly going to magically transform them into title winners. OR... do they have a far bigger budget than the media is having us believe?

I heard a Times scouse Journo on Talkshite earlier and he said Portsmouth still owe £7m payments for Crouch. So in fact they would only pay £10m

Tricky_Trev said:
Dossena to Juv 6.5million
still owed 7million for crouch from Pompey

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.