Villa Talk brilliance

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Feel sorry for Villa, good club and I wish them well. I saw the replays last night of Milner and Barry and thought that it must really hurt though, had to laugh!

Me, too. I think I know how they feel - same as me when CFC nicked SWP off us. And we've nicked their best two and left 'em with The Emerald Prince. Villa is our kind of team but it's pussy cat eat pussy cat in this world.
Unless that old witch gets hold of the cat and dumps it in the bin!

Yeah can understand it was gutted many a time during my time as a fan seeing good players only difference is we usually got screwed over with the money only really with swp going to Chelsea did we get good value. I remember when White flitcroftt summerbee among others left and felt we got ripped off. Villa got good money for both players but don't think it's all going back into the club but that ain't our fault so they get over it and turn or Lerner sooner or later<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:45 pm --<br /><br />Yeah can understand it was gutted many a time during my time as a fan seeing good players only difference is we usually got screwed over with the money only really with swp going to Chelsea did we get good value. I remember when White flitcroftt summerbee among others left and felt we got ripped off. Villa got good money for both players but don't think it's all going back into the club but that ain't our fault so they get over it and turn or Lerner sooner or later

felix, they would have done it to us always remember that, everybody has took the piss out of us althoe we have had some good results against villa over the years their attitude to barry last season was an arsenal over the top campaign? if villa were competing against united chelsea liverpool for the title we would be without doubt backing villa, but i doubt they will want us too win it?
felixbg said:
i feel slightly sorry for villa fans. we have taken their two best players from them, causing their best manager for years to leave and condemmed them to years of mid table mediocrety.

Villa are one of the few clubs I have little to no problem with, always thought MON was overrated along with a few of their players but their fans are as good as you'll find.

I like Villa and think its a club very similar to ours in many ways, I know a few Villa fans and most of them are knowledgeable decent fans, however, some of the jealousy from certain sections of their fan base since our takeover has gone beyond banter and instead turned to petty sniping and jealousy fueled hate. I used to post on BBC 606 and a few years ago one random day Villa fans invaded the City board fictitiously posting how City were bidding 30 million for Ashley Young, how 'devastated' they were to be losing him to us and basically deriding the fact that a Villa player would consider joining us, they even encouraged other football fans to post the same rumour to wind us up so they could laugh at our clubs ambitions and mock our fans...Well who were the arrogant ones in that scenario, who were the ones who ''lacked class'' as we're all too often accused of? Fast forward two years and Milner and Barry both star for City in a fantastic win against Liverpool, just days after Villa's 6-0 defeat at Newcastle.

I have nothing against Villa and the majority of their fans, and seeing two of their former players putting in a performance like Barry and Milner did last night would be a difficult pill to swallow. As someone said it was horrible to watch SWP turning out for Chelsea. However, as sympathetic as I am when something goes wrong for Villa (a good club) I can't help but think about the minority of idiots on 606 that day and wonder if they're laughing on the other side of their faces now.

Vienna_70 said:
Imagine how Hamburger SV fans must feel, now that we've taken Vinnie, Nigel and Jérôme from them?

The ones I was speaking to in Hamburg were quite content with de Jong going because of the money we gave them for him. Vinnie had a fallout with their coach (or soemone within the club) but I can't imagine they were happy to see him leave and certainly not Jerome for £10 million. Good club Hamburg, keep em coming!

Whatever the world may have to say about us, I am determined not to gloat at City having the good fortune to be able to buy players like Milner. If I was a Villa fan I'd be fuming at seeing their best player go, the last thing they need is Blues gloating like a Rag would. There would be nothing worse than being seen in the same light as that lot as quite frankly we are better than that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.