Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Talking to neutral fans at work this morning, for what they saw “it was the most bizarre result in a game for many a year", it really is unbelievable that we lost that

cookster said:
BillyShears said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
But we haven't really conceded any goals due to our defence being more open. We've conceded two direct free-kicks, two corners, one blatantly offside goal and one from an awful mistake by our two centre-backs. The only goal that I think you could even remotely blame on Pellegrini's more aggressive system is the first against Cardiff, and that's still arguably more to do with the players not doing their jobs (going with a runner/preventing a cross coming in) than with any inherent deficiencies in our formation.

So far this season, we're conceding fewer shots per game than last season (9.2 to 10.4) and making more tackles per game too (19.3 to 18), while also conceding fewer fouls (10.5 to 12,4). So I don't think we need to panic about being more 'open' - that really isn't the problem as far as I can see.

Cracking post that. Facts debunking myths about the current state of play.

Roll out the facts;

32 points from 32 away games - Malaga last 2 seasons
Worst start since takeover
2 points less than last season after 6 games
18th in current away form table (STD)

I'm a Pellegrini fan but you can use facts for both sides of the arguement

As my old College Lecturer used to say you can manipulate anything with statistics when presented as facts e.g. 75% of people are left handed......... if you only interview 4 people and 3 of them are left handed then that is a truism............. but we all know (don't we) that 75% of people are not lefthanded??

I don't get why Pellegrini plays Dzeko and Negredo up front together Dzeko is a lone striker he is a complete different player for Bosnia.. also unless we are battering teams Fernandinho and Yaya seem to be a liability in CDM roles

Zab - Kompany - Nasty - Kolarov

Fernandinho - Milner/Rodwell ( if he is back)

Nasri - Yaya - Navas

- Dzeko/Aguero -

Have only just watched the highlights on City TV, wish I had seen them earlier now.

As I heard the result played out, I was of the mind, 'I don't have to see it, to know how we played it'.

But feck me, we played really well and some of the stuff we played was sublime.

I'm really encouraged by the onus to be on the front foot in an away game, something I have always wanted to see, in a bid to give us the best chance of winning.

As long as we adopt the policy of trying to win games from the outset, the rest I can't honestly woman about too much.

It's refreshing to see and anybody wanting to follow a sport which eradicates both bad luck and bad errors, might need to find something else to do.

Media focusing on our home form against our away form asking is it a problem,
If we played against Villa the same as we played against Cardiff and Stoke where we were slow and in some parts outplayed I would be worried and think they have a point, but we were excellent at Villa Park we played with a high tempo great first touch passing and totally dominated Villa at there own ground.
Yes we made a couple of errors and that needs to be addressed but overall you can see Pellegrini's ideas taking shape and when we fully click soon we will be in for a great season.
Easily the best side in the league on our day no doubt. We just need to be patient.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Have only just watched the highlights on City TV, wish I had seen them earlier now.

As I heard the result played out, I was of the mind, 'I don't have to see it, to know how we played it'.

I'm really encouraged by the onus to be on the front foot in an away game, something I have always wanted to see, in a bid to give us the best chance of winning.

As long as we adopt the policy of trying to win games from the outset, the rest I can't honestly woman about too much.

It's refreshing to see and anybody wanting to follow a sport which eradicates both bad luck and bad errors, might need to find something else to do.

A few more pellegrini hairdryers should do the trick ;)

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Why i've been quite so baffled by the reactions on here. For me it was, and I know I've said it before, akin to the Sunderland game two seasons ago where we absolutely stuffed them for 90 minutes and lost with virtually the last kick of the game. On Saturday we were on it from minute one and didn't really give Villa a chance, yet still came away with nothing.

Anyway ... I've already put it to bed. Bring on Bayern and Pep ... proper glamour tie when the European champions come to town. So many sub plots! :)

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Why i've been quite so baffled by the reactions on here. For me it was, and I know I've said it before, akin to the Sunderland game two seasons ago where we absolutely stuffed them for 90 minutes and lost with virtually the last kick of the game. On Saturday we were on it from minute one and didn't really give Villa a chance, yet still came away with nothing.

Anyway ... I've already put it to bed. Bring on Bayern and Pep ... proper glamour tie when the European champions come to town. So many sub plots! :)

And that Sunderland last minute goal was offside, too!

For most of the game we were much better than against Sunderland.

But the defensive collapse was much worse than the Sunderland game

cibaman said:
For most of the game we were much better than against Sunderland.

But the defensive collapse was much worse than the Sunderland game
Was it a collapse or just a mistake from a long punt by there keeper?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.