Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

strongbowholic said:
cibaman said:
For most of the game we were much better than against Sunderland.

But the defensive collapse was much worse than the Sunderland game
Was it a collapse or just a mistake from a long punt by there keeper?

The latter. For a collapse see the spurs away game last season

And I might well have forgotten a few here (I expect I have) but that game is the only defensive collapse I think I can remember from us since Mancini first took over. I'd say the last collapse before that was away to spurs again under hughes but we were crushed from the start in that 1

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Have only just watched the highlights on City TV, wish I had seen them earlier now.

As I heard the result played out, I was of the mind, 'I don't have to see it, to know how we played it'.

But feck me, we played really well and some of the stuff we played was sublime.

I'm really encouraged by the onus to be on the front foot in an away game, something I have always wanted to see, in a bid to give us the best chance of winning.

As long as we adopt the policy of trying to win games from the outset, the rest I can't honestly woman about too much.

It's refreshing to see and anybody wanting to follow a sport which eradicates both bad luck and bad errors, might need to find something else to do.

Why i've been quite so baffled by the reactions on here. For me it was, and I know I've said it before, akin to the Sunderland game two seasons ago where we absolutely stuffed them for 90 minutes and lost with virtually the last kick of the game. On Saturday we were on it from minute one and didn't really give Villa a chance, yet still came away with nothing.

Anyway ... I've already put it to bed. Bring on Bayern and Pep ... proper glamour tie when the European champions come to town. So many sub plots! :)

And I'm baffled that some supporters can't spot a football team with their collective cigars out, thinking they're too good for the opposition before they've actually put the game to bed. Fortunately, it seems the manager can.

hgblue said:
And I'm baffled that some supporters can't spot a football team with their collective cigars out, thinking they're too good for the opposition before they've actually put the game to bed. Fortunately, it seems the manager can.

Ah yes, if only we had your unerring eye for what's wrong ... ;)

kevodevo said:
pantera said:
cookster said:
4-5-1 with Nasri behind Negredo, ala 2nd half against Bayern pre-season.

Looks very fluid, hardly any top sides play 2 up top.

Negredo against Bayern?ur joking.
He didnt score against man u,didnt score against wigan didnt score against vila.
how do u justify him in a starting line up against Bayern?
Dzeko and Jovetic up front (if aguero not fit)
Negredo worked so that we managed to score four against the rags- he holds up , passes when needed and the fact he does not score is irrelevant
so long as anyone scores that is all that matters-he will be important come Wednesday as Aguero will need his physical presence and he can work his magic.
as far as i know Negredo is a striker and he should score goals.
against vila he was invisible.he was brought in to score goals,same as Aguero,Dzeko and Jovetic.
Aguero and Dzeko do just that,Jovetic scored 2 against Wigan.
but again it seems we need to concetrate on our defence.they let in 6 goals against the likes of cardif and vila.
Nastasic is a liability,gives away cheap free kicks.id rather have Kolo Toure playing alongside Kompany.

A few things in the aftermath of the Villa game:

1. Our crossing was actually very good but I wonder if the crosses weren't attacked as well as they could've been and whether Dzeko, Negredo, Yaya, Milner and Nasri might have done more to get on the end of them.
2. I really hope we're getting all our defensive howlers out of the way early season. The 3 goals at Cardiff were poor, the free kicks against united and Villa were from soft and unnecessary fouls and the less side about the pub league winner at the weekend the better.
3. Great to see real signs of Nasri coming into his own in open play and from set pieces (3 goals in 2 games from his corners). Keep it up please Samir.

Villa fan in peace!

Firstly, i'll explain, as a football fan, I like to look at our opponents forums, to see what they have to say about Villa etc.

Having watched the game, I think it is obvious for everyone to say, you were by far the superior team and we were lucky to come away with anything, let alone 3 points.

A few things i'd have to say about you...

1) Having played Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Yourselves in the league, and Spurs in the cup. Despite the result I personally think you are by far and away the best team in the league. If you play like you did on Saturday every week you'll win 9 out of 10 games.

2) I don't know if it is something MP has brought in, but there seemed to be a real lack of movement from your corners! (granted you scored from two of them) It just seemed there wasn't a real desire to do everything they could to get on the end of the cross.

3) Finally, having read this thread a lot pre match, it occurs to me how good your fans are.... Having read Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool forums thoroughly before we played them, the general impression was 'We should beat that lot', 'Relegation candidates last year, should thrash them' and things along those lines. And whilst there was some of this on here, the majority was optimism, with a small side of cautiousness. It is refreshing to see a team, as good as yours, with such down to earth fans.

Good luck on Wednesday, and enjoy all the success you will have this year if you continue to play as well as you did Saturday!

villain1992 said:
Villa fan in peace!

Firstly, i'll explain, as a football fan, I like to look at our opponents forums, to see what they have to say about Villa etc.

Having watched the game, I think it is obvious for everyone to say, you were by far the superior team and we were lucky to come away with anything, let alone 3 points.

A few things i'd have to say about you...

1) Having played Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Yourselves in the league, and Spurs in the cup. Despite the result I personally think you are by far and away the best team in the league. If you play like you did on Saturday every week you'll win 9 out of 10 games.

2) I don't know if it is something MP has brought in, but there seemed to be a real lack of movement from your corners! (granted you scored from two of them) It just seemed there wasn't a real desire to do everything they could to get on the end of the cross.

3) Finally, having ready this thread a lot pre match, it occurs to me how good your fans are.... Having read Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool forums thoroughly before we played them, the general impression was 'We should beat that lot', 'Relegation candidates last year, should thrash them' and things along those lines. And whilst there was some of this on here, the majority was optimism, with a small side of cautiousness. It is refreshing to see a team, as good as yours, with such down to earth fans.

Good luck on Wednesday, and enjoy all the success you will have this year if you continue to play as well as you did Saturday!
Welcome,a great post.

You can come back!<br /><br />-- 30 Sep 2013 16:34 --<br /><br />I said you can come back not feck off??

Just some observations after Villa.

10 point from 6 games. Extrapolate it out to about 63 points for the season at this rate. Not even close to a winning tally.

We need to outright win the next 6 games to take us to where we need to be after 12 games (28 points). I can't see us doing it though on current away form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.