Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Finally had the chance to watch the extended highlights on SS1 of the game. We played well - no question about that. As an attacking force we passed and moved the ball well and they were hanging on the ropes just trying to stay in the game. First goal for them clearly offside and third goal just shocking for any decent team to concede (why did Hart charge out like that ?). I really think the fates and the officials were against us today. I'm not too despondent after today. Does anyone want a League like la Liga or The Scottish PL where there's only 2 teams that ever win it ? That would be so boring.

Matt the Giant said:
Sorry mates, but I've been away all day long, haven't seen highlights nor read a word on the game. So please help me out.
I guess all I need to know is:

1) Did we deserve to loose?
2) Any specific player worth highlighting for a poor/great performance?

I'll try to catch up more thoroughly tomorrow.

Cheers.

I am afraid you will have to find a way of watching it mate. So many differing opinions on what happened today.

Villa's 1st blatantly offside - Kompany seemed to be sat slightly deeper than the rest and the lino ends up getting it wrong.

From what I saw: Nastasic made a silly attempt to win the ball for their second and Hart looked all at sea from that resulting free kick.

Villas 3rd was almost comical.

Dzeko at his frustrating best.

stan bowles said:
Finally had the chance to watch the extended highlights on SS1 of the game. We played well - no question about that. As an attacking force we passed and moved the ball well and they were hanging on the ropes just trying to stay in the game. First goal for them clearly offside and third goal just shocking for any decent team to concede (why did Hart charge out like that ?). I really think the fates and the officials were against us today. I'm not too despondent after today. Does anyone want a League like la Liga or The Scottish PL where there's only 2 teams that ever win it ? That would be so boring.

I know from your name that you've watched City for years so you know that you should never let a loss ruin your day.

One of my best mates is a Villan and though I haven't spoken with him today I know he's as happy as Larry. It's some consolation. Not much I agree but I'm struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel here.

We played very well. Should have been 0-3 at half-time and game over. Because we squandered so many chances, at 0-1 we were never secure and had to keep pressing. That left us vulnerable to the counter-attack as was proven.

Just one of those things and as Mancini used to say : "Eeeze-a-football".

Maybe we need to learn to just accept that sometimes we aren't going to bury teams due to fate or destiny or other reasons and just sit back on the 0-1 lead and hit them on the break like we used to away from home in recent years.

CITYBOY1000 said:
stan bowles said:

I know from your name that you've watched City for years so you know that you should never let a loss ruin your day.

One of my best mates is a Villan and though I haven't spoken with him today I know he's as happy as Larry. It's some consolation. Not much I agree but I'm struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel here.

We played very well. Should have been 0-3 at half-time and game over. Because we squandered so many chances, at 0-1 we were never secure and had to keep pressing. That left us vulnerable to the counter-attack as was proven.

Just one of those things and as Mancini used to say : "Eeeze-a-football".

Maybe we need to learn to just accept that sometimes we aren't going to bury teams due to fate or destiny or other reasons and just sit back on the 0-1 lead and hit them on the break like we used to away from home in recent years.

From open play they created virtually nothing. The fact that we were the architects of our own downfall can be viewed either way as a positive or a negative. On another day, we go in at H-T 2 or 3 up as we deserved to be, their first goal is disallowed and we see the game out as comfortable 3 or 4 nil winners. For sure this was no Cardiff or Stoke - we bossed this game from start to finish and no one who saw it could argue we didn't deserve all 3 points. Just a reminder that there's no certainties in football.

CITYBOY1000 said:
Or even at 1-2 having conceded an equaliser, there's no doubt that not all the mistakes were on the pitch. MP needs to understand the PL is not La Liga, hopefully his learning curve is a quick one.

Just watched the highlights on match of the day . Yes we were unlucky but the defending was shocking again . Nasty was really poor today . Kompany and Hart were just as poor . The defending on that 3rd goal was shocking it reminded me of Upson and Terry against Germany in the world cup of 2010 .If I were Pellergrini I would try that bit harder to make are defence better .

Based on that Villa game, Pellegrini doesn't need to learn anything. I expect he knows full well that if you don't take your chances when you are on top, football can kick you in he teeth

We lost a game we should have won easily, but we know now, if we didn't before that City can play away from home.

Gutted is an understatement. We absolutely battered them and come away with nothing. On another day we could have easily won 4-5 if a little luck came our way. I just hope to god these are teething problems while we adapt to another managers approach. I thought we played well today and again there is too many knee jerk reactions on here, especially slagging Milner off again. Its early days yet, I'm sure we will find some consistency soon and find the right balance.

Don't know about most fans on here but getting beat puts me in a right foul mood for the rest of the wkend especially under these circumstances when you play a team off the park and get beat.

Watched the highlights, those last two Villa goals have such a low % of scoring we were really unlucky to have them gone in on us. Hart could still have moved off the far post. But that FK would have been over hit 9.9/10 times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.