Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

As per the debate on 3 in midfield, here are my 2 cents

3 in midfield will work against teams who will attack, but against teams who set out to defend because it becomes too conjusted in midfield for our free flowing play, arsenal and liverpool away would be a good choice to play 3 in midfield but dont see that possiblity with other teams in the league.

In both our title winning seasons we had games similar to this which we even lost so no real need for panic We need to be top by xmas and hopefully start the New Year off with as few injuries as possible For the record i thought Navas was our best player today and cannot agree with those knocking him Our two best chances were created by him and missed (both sitters) by KDB and Raheem Hope to have Aguero and Silva back after the break but they will need 3-4 outings to be match fit Top of the league with our two best players on the verge of comeback in the q/f of the lc up Through to the next stage in Europe with two games to spare ,Manuel tell us where is it all going wrong

Last edited:
Why are you being personal with me?
My opinion is that city were poor to a man today,
I agree that we have come a fucking long way since the bad old days
But if a fan can't express his opinion that the team played poor when they did, what is the point of the forum?
'Poor to a man'?
Navas had a good game and Kompany was solid.Kolorov and the two Ferns were ok for the most part. Joe had nothing to do.

fatigue is the only explanation,i can think of as to why pellers went with 3 in midfield,(3 sets of tired legs is better than 2) ya ya is getting a kicking but fernandino was non existant,dito fernado ,so what was the alternative ?delph,? we know he is not ready for a start yet, only trying to play devils advocate,

Maybe not you, but pre match a lot of the posts said 3 in midfied, same as Sevilla.
It didn't work and fuck me, it's Manuel's fault for not having hindsight.
I had absolutely no problem with the starting line up or formation and tbh I would have probably gone for the same formation as the Sevilla game because we were faced with 2 teams who were at home and desperately needed a result.

The main issue I and most people seem to have is why wasn't Kelechi brought on for Bony? KDB & Sterling were square pegs in round holes when there was no need with Kelechi on the bench. That was mine and seemingly most fans' main issue with today.

For all the negatives today, Navas was not one of them. The stand out was Manuel and the lack of striker.

Too many people on this forum that feel we have a right to win.

No, we need to fight hard in every game - I don't think everyone did that today.

Villa haven't kept a clean sheet since the first day of the season, you don't have to be a rag to be disappointed that we couldn't score against them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.