Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

We seem to have the mindset that it doesn't matter if we have a slow start in prem games because we can blow anyone away in the 2nd half,it's a very bad habit we have had for a few years,i wonder if the Aguerooooooooo moment has given us that feeling that we will win in the end anyway
It's something we need to change,a fast start yesterday and an early goal and villa might have folded

Agree with this. Didn't we start last season trying to play intense football for the first 10 mins of a restart? I think we also have a quick start philosophy for part of Mancini's tenure too.

Since we've never been able to maintain an intense start to a half for many successive games I wonder whether it's a mentality thing or whether the players are under instructions to play with a lower intensity (given injury issues?).

Some fans have such low standards. We have the potential, the target, to be the top team in the world. Managerial performances like that are unacceptable and should be called out as such.
Top of the league, qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League with two games to spare (in the hardest group) and quarter finals of the League Cup (being one of the few 'big' teams remaining).

It was a bad day, but we didn't lose and it's still in our hands. Only a week ago our manager was being praised and now he is being slated. There are plenty of big games to come and shocks along the way.

You can always tell within ten minutes of a game which City have turned up, and the early warning signs were there on Sunday. We were sloppy in possession and lacked a cutting edge.

It's a game we should've won and represents a missed opportunity with Arsenal dropping points. Maybe the performance in Sevilla took it's toll, or maybe it was just one of those days.

Regardless, we're still top and with Silva and Aguero back soon there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

You can always tell within ten minutes of a game which City have turned up, and the early warning signs were there on Sunday. We were sloppy in possession and lacked a cutting edge.

It's a game we should've won and represents a missed opportunity with Arsenal dropping points. Maybe the performance in Sevilla took it's toll, or maybe it was just one of those days.

Regardless, we're still top and with Silva and Aguero back soon there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic.
Can anyone really be optimistic about him remaining fit though? If he was fit Sunday we'd have won that game no doubt, we desperately need him to remain fit for the remainder of the season, I just don't think he will be.. Unfortunately

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.