Villa's chances against United

LoveCity

This match seems like a walk in the park for United but maybe not.

Villa's away form is poor but when you look at it they have lost less than us away, 4 games. Their problems have been drawing too many (won 3, drawn 9, lost 4) and I doubt any of us would complain about a draw.

Also, Villa have something to play for. They do have a game in hand but as it is they sit only 6pts above relegation zone. That game in hand is against Bolton and Bolton are the team who sit 6pts behind them.

Villa last beat United at Old Trafford only two seasons again though typically lose there. But United have not played them at home (in recent memory at least) in the situation where Villa are relegation threatened, which can make teams desperate and persistent as Wigan showed... this is of course if Villa have the mindset of a relegation threatened team!

I'm just trying to be a glass half full person here, most signs point to a comfortable United win but there are things that suggest Villa could steal at least a point.

In theory Norwich have less to play for against us than Villa do against United as Norwich sit comfortably in 10th, but it probably won't be that way as Norwich will want that big scalp at home like Swansea, Sunderland, and Everton did.

My hope are with Everton and Sunderland. Although both are fergie bum boys.

Come on Villa....please

hard to see, villa have been so poor since christmas. But if the city lads in their team could do us a last favour it would be magnificant. The truth is the results of our 5 and their 5 are genuinely unpredictable

UlsterCitizen said:
I was more confident of Wigsn taking a point, has McLeish ever taken a point off Slur Alex?

Got 2 home draws out of United in 2010 (one in January, one in December) season with Birmingham but got spanked 5-0 at Old Trafford last season.

I reckon that if we just do our job and narrow it down to 2 points, then nerves will start to kick in to uniteds squad and maybe Villa could snatch a point.

I think Villa will give them a hard game but like others I am looking at Everton being the game where they drop points

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.