Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
why name him in a squad then if Martinez has no intention of playing him?
Alli was named in the England squad and was then banned. Martinez obviously hoped he would be fit.

This is all discussed at length in the "Kompany set back" thread and Pep spoke about it in his press conference yesterday. If he plays for Belgium, don't expect to ever see him play for City again.

If kompany is fit then he starts. No comparison between him and Otamendi.

Disagree. There is no reason for him to walk back into the team while we are doing so well. No need to mix the defensive partnership up again.

And maybe this will help Kompany reconsider next time he plays 90 minutes in a pointless qualifier against some minnows that they were comfortably trashing... even though he got a knock early in the game.

Disagree. There is no reason for him to walk back into the team while we are doing so well. No need to mix the defensive partnership up again.

And maybe this will help Kompany reconsider next time he plays 90 minutes in a pointless qualifier against some minnows that they were comfortably trashing... even though he got a knock early in the game.

Don't disagree with your kompany international comments but we need our best team out against the best sides. Otamendi was awful against Liverpool and if Mane hadn't have been sent off he would have terrorised him all second half aswell. Otamendi and Stones (as a await) are not good enough against top opposition and we will probably see this against Chelsea today (hopefully not though!).

Alli was named in the England squad and was then banned. Martinez obviously hoped he would be fit.

This is all discussed at length in the "Kompany set back" thread and Pep spoke about it in his press conference yesterday. If he plays for Belgium, don't expect to ever see him play for City again.
Did Pep state that Kompany wouldn't play for City again if he plays for Belgium?

Pep say “No way he plays. He’s not trained with us once in the last month since Gibraltar. No way”

It’s pretty unequivocal.
I took that to mean that there's no way he plays for us against Chelsea.

And not that he's been given an ultimatum to either play for Belgium or for City but there's no way Pep would permit both.

Last edited:
I took that to mean that there's no way he plays for us against Chelsea.

And not that he's been given an ultimatum to either play for Belgium or for City but there's no way Pep would permit both.
No idea what you’re on about in bold. I’ve never said as such.

Pep said he’s not playing for Belgium and that he’s seeing the doctors and then coming back.

As such, if he plays for Belgium this week (which I don’t expect) against Pep’s wishes, having been injured for a month then I would not expect to see him play for us again.

No idea what you’re on about in bold. I’ve never said as such.

Pep said he’s not playing for Belgium and that he’s seeing the doctors and then coming back.

As such, if he plays for Belgium this week (which I don’t expect) against Pep’s wishes, having been injured for a month then I would not expect to see him play for us again.
Ah... Not sure about "not playing for us if he plays for Belgium" - but yeah, Kompany is unlikely fit enough to play anytime soon where ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.