"Vincent Kompany and FA inconsistencies" on the blog

I agree with 99% of what David has written he is spot on BUT he seems to proof the point for Kompany being sent off. A 2 footed tackle does in danger and opponent even if he does have time to jump over said tackle. Personally I think the ref was right there I’ve said it. I’m blue through and through but all this self pity over Vinnie is getting me down and personally I wish we could focus on the many other shocking decision that haven’t gone our way or against us.

The pen last night look very soft 2 players going for a ball they both missed it how does one foul another.

The 3 - 2 yellow sending offs Mario a joke (Admas gets him sent off for nothing) Clichy a joke 2 fouls all night and Barry last week 3 fouls (Adams at least 8 no yellow)

By making such a fuss over Vinnie I feel we are weakening ourselves he is one player let the rest of football think we can’t do without him and lets support the players who are playing and didn’t go in 2 footed (sorry he did) We showed in the 2nd Half on Sunday we can play without him (and 10 men) last night once Mario went off and we had 11 fit players we were all over them and with better finishing should have won.

Let’s remember the 6 -1 came after a sending off Van P was level and Richards did handle the ball we need to keep going and we are owed a few maybe more than a few and they will come if we keep playing.

Chippy_boy said:
I am not.

He says he has no problem with Johnson's tackle on Lescott. Clearly that is daft. By any interpretation of that challenge, it was a red card offense. To quote from the very article:

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

Serious foul play = red card.

He *clearly* endangered the safetly of an opponent in that had he been 10 milliseconds late he would have almost certainly injured Lescott and probably broken his leg, such was the speed and totally out of control nature of the challenge. You really cannot argue otherwise when a guy is flying in at full pelt, in the air with both feet off the ground like that.

OK so was Lescott hurt? No. Was his safety endangered? Damned right it was. In fact he was extremely lucky not to have been seriously injured.

To be honest I don't think Johnson or Kompany should have been sent off.

I have to go back to the Buchan tackle on Bell which ended his career. Why didn't Buchan get sent off that night?

That was serious foul play on a monumental scale.

Chippy_boy said:
I am not.

He says he has no problem with Johnson's tackle on Lescott. Clearly that is daft. By any interpretation of that challenge, it was a red card offense. To quote from the very article:

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

He *clearly* endangered the safetly of an opponent in that had he been 10 milliseconds late he would have almost certainly injured Lescott and probably broken his leg, such was the speed and totally out of control nature of the challenge. You really cannot argue otherwise when a guy is flying in at full pelt, in the air with both feet off the ground like that.

OK so was Lescott hurt? No. Was his safety endangered? Damned right it was. In fact he was extremely lucky not to have been seriously injured.

Change Lescott to Nani and you have ThePurpleNosedTosser's reaction and his part in getting VK banned for the four matches. The Laws of the Game are crystal clear. What is also clear are the inconsistencies between referees, the FArce's approach to disciplinary issues depending on the colour of shirt worn by the culprit, and each referee's inconsistencies from reffing a match at The Etihad, and say reffing another match at Villa Park. The whole system of officiating and administering our game has become trapped in a mire of inconsistency, double standards, and the stink is quite overpowering at times.

Kompany and Johnson both performed text book tackles. I strugle to understand how a slide tackle is made without using both feet. Retarded FA . One rule for all.

Halfpenny said:
Chippy_boy said:
I am not.

By virtue you therefore think Kompany's was also a red card? How you're justifying it is how people were justifying the red for his tackle.

It's a question of degree isn't it. Coming flying in wildly out of control with both feet clamped together like some teenager tombstoning is one thing. Vincent's challenge was nothing like as severe. Although I can see how a red can (and has) been given.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:29 pm --<br /><br />
BadgermanUK said:
Kompany and Johnson both performed text book tackles. I strugle to understand how a slide tackle is made without using both feet. Retarded FA . One rule for all.

What text book is that - the Vinnie Jones "How to nobble players and get away with it" handbook?

I agree in principal with the article, however if Rooney points out to the ref that Kompany used two feet, Rooney is correct in that it is the ref that makes the decision and sends the player off.
When Balotelli was brought down at the swamp, a number of City players pointed out to Clattenburg that Mario was through on goal. I didn't hear any complaints that day

This is all good stuff but really the problem is the FA are unwilling to introduce Rugby style video replays with an off pitch referee. Without this there will always be wriggle room for the FA and the with an appeals failure rate that is apparently highly dubious it would appear that the FA are happy to court controversy as it probably keeps them and the game in the headlines.

As fans we pay to see a game that is properly regulated, when the game is not properly regulated the FA have not done their job and should not benefit from our support or the support of their sponsors.

So, we either vent our dissatifaction here with loads of comment, analysis and negative energy or we do something about the FA.

Given that the FA officiate at the "BARCLAYS" premier League, the "CARLING" cup and the FA Cup in association with "BUDWEISER", shouldnt we be mobilising the Man City faithfull to boycott BARCLAYS, CARLING and BUDWEISER products and let it be known that we are doing so because they are supporting an FA who are unwilling to adopt 20th century technology and Refereeing methods. After all we pay a 20th Century price to watch a game and it maybe Arsenal fans feel the same way given their recent experiences.

pauldominic said:
Chippy_boy said:
I am not.

To be honest I don't think Johnson or Kompany should have been sent off.

I have to go back to the Buchan tackle on Bell which ended his career. Why didn't Buchan get sent off that night?

That was serious foul play on a monumental scale.
That was the night that I started to really hate the scumbags

The Pink Panther said:
I agree in principal with the article, however if Rooney points out to the ref that Kompany used two feet, Rooney is correct in that it is the ref that makes the decision and sends the player off.
When Balotelli was brought down at the swamp, a number of City players pointed out to Clattenburg that Mario was through on goal. I didn't hear any complaints that day

Wayne Rooney should not be making decisions for the ref.
Nor should he or any player be allowed to influence a refs decision.
If thats the case ,then the players should just ref it theirselves like kids on the park.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.