Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

Unfortunately Kompany suffers in media from 'Manchester City effect' which just wait until you can use something negative in the context of him as a manager. He shat up his critics he would not have been able to follow in Dyche's shoes by literally turning EPL into marmalade. And they waited until it was obvious he would struggled with questionably worse team than he had in the EPL to pull out the joker, 'the plan B'. By the way, have you ever heard media asking of Dyche or Big Sam to switch to tiki-taka as their plan B after hoofing long ball football did not work. I don't think so, somehow the plane B is always one-directional!
And it is always 'the chums' in the media that are always the most negative, I listened on tS, Hatchard and the other German football correspondent Julian something were not, they actually provided a few reasons why it could work for Bayern.
The better resources ha has, the better he'll achieve, he proved it with both Anderlecht and Burnley. Go Vinnie and be successful, even if it is with German Rags.

Weird one. What has he done exactly the deserve such a high profile job?

The Pep effect. Being a disciple of Guardiola ups your cred (Alonso, Maresca, Arteta, Ten Hag), Bayern probably see him as potentially their version of Alonso. Bayern might have even contacted Guardiola for a recommendation.

I think that's a mad take tbh. They were a shambles when he took over and after the leveraged buyout etc they genuinely had the aura of one of those clubs that could keep freefalling through the divisions. To take over and get them promoted with a record points total was an outstanding achievement. Even having taken them back down again he's left them in a far better position than when he joined. The reason they have players chosen by Kompany is because all of their best players left or were sold when they were relegated and that's hardly his fault. It's Kompany's picks and loans that got them back in the PL in the first place. Football is fickle and your stock can fall very quickly. He obviously has to take this opportunity now it's in front of him and even the most biased ought to be able to look at it objectively enough to see that.
It’s too good an opportunity for Vinnie to turn down.

It’s all very well people criticising him for a perceived lack of loyalty to Burnley, but we all know that there is very little in today’s game.

I’m sure Vinnie is well aware of the pitfalls of management at the highest level, and I’m pleased that he has enough confidence in his own ability to take on the challenge of the Bayern job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.