Vincent Kompany is unreal.

I had posted this in a previous thread but thought I would share it here as well....

paddy_mcfc said:
Vincent is my man of the match most games and is certainly a world class center half. Having played center half in my youth I always like to analyze their performance as I sometimes think the attacking part of a team gets too much credit sometimes and the defense is the unsung heroes. But watching Vincent is a joy all unto itself.

Rarely do you see a defensive player that has the composure on and off the ball as Vincent. He is sublime to watch when the ball is at his feet with his flicks and Cryuff turns. A lot of the defenders I watch have a sense of panic about their play but never do you see Vincent like that. Why he isn't captain is beside me. When Zaba got into it with Sagna who was the first person on the scene separating the two and giving Sagna a shove to boot. Anything happens and he is the one talking to the ref. He oozes class on and off the pitch.

Either way, was trying to think of a song for him and thought of one right away as it is called Vincent and is about Vincent Van Gogh. This is not the original version, because to be honest it is crap, but the last line says it all "I could have told you Vincent, this world(Game) was never meant for one as beautiful as you". Anyhow, Enjoy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydbYcVeHhJA[/youtube]

Best CB in the Prem. If I had to choose only one out of him & Vidic I'd pick Vinny every day. He's just that much better.

unexpected item said:
He'll be attracting the attention of some big European sides. Wonder if we'll offer him an improved contract in the summer to keep hold of him?

Vinny is the kind of player that has to become the backbone of the side for the next five or six seasons. If he ever got sold to one of the Spanish or Italian giants I would seriously question MCFC's resolve. I expect a brand-spankin' deal will be on the table come Summer.

Kompany will be with us for the better part of his career as long as he doesn't suffer some unexpected decline. Wife and kid are Mancunian, has an emotional bond to the club that very few of our players do, and is/will be paid more than anyone else can offer.

Not sure I'd label him the best CB in the world just yet but deffo top five, even the media pundits who usually ignore every City player not named Tevez are praising him. Not sure anyone could break down a Kompany/Vidic pairing.

Breadsnapper said:
Think the booking was fair which makes his performance even better. just wonder why O Gay didn't get booked as early for his similar and persistent fouls?

No way that was a cautionable challenge. All that happened was the ref played advantage and then when no advantage came of it and the scum were booing little babies he bottled it and booked Vinnie to shut up the cry babies.

Had he stopped play for the foul 100000% it would not have been a yellow.

Chippy_boy said:
Breadsnapper said:
Think the booking was fair which makes his performance even better. just wonder why O Gay didn't get booked as early for his similar and persistent fouls?

No way that was a cautionable challenge. All that happened was the ref played advantage and then when no advantage came of it and the scum were booing little babies he bottled it and booked Vinnie to shut up the cry babies.

Had he stopped play for the foul 100000% it would not have been a yellow.

That tackle taking the ball off shrek in the box just before he shot was excepional. But the mistake a second later where he gave the balla way to Nani was schoolboy and could easily have led to a goal.

Vinnie is top class but not perfect.

Vinny is on course to be one of the best and his performance on saturday was fanatastic.
We must keep him,this fella actually cares about what happens to us and takes defeats like a fan it will still be hurting him now.

After 40 yrs Vincent's the only player I've had his name and number printed on me Home shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.