Vincent Kompany on Eggs, Barack Obama and Family Guy

Cambridgeblue said:
Minnesota Fan Club said:
Quality on the pitch - a clueless idiot on American politics...Vincent shut up and play

Epic Fail...

Why the hell is he "clueless on American politics"? He is merely expressing the opinion (shared by many around the world, myself included) that Obama is a breath of fresh air after 8 years of George Bush - a man almost universally despised outside of America an Israel.

Personally I agree with Kompany that Obama's election will allow other countries to re-engage with America and will help repair the alliances that Bush's hawkish unilateralism damaged.

McCain lost - get over it, it's called Democracy stupid - y'know that thing you've been trying to spread in Iraq and Afghanistan.

To suggest Bush isn't despised in America is a very inaccurate statement. I believe Bush has the lowest approval rating of any President since they started keeping track of such things, and people have talked about impeaching him for years. You'd be hard pressed to find many Bush supporters left nowadays.

Unless I'm missing something, there's nothing in his post that suggests he supported McCain, and I really don't understand what you're getting at with the whole Democracy bit. If the man believes that Kompany is clueless on American politics, perhaps he should be able to say that without being criticized, seeing as how it is his country and not yours.

That being said, Kompany is class.

And so yet another football forum descends into the depths of political argument and discussion.

Kompany is class, and unless were going to add 'global politics' to the 'transfers' tab, lets keep the discussion about city....

bizzbo said:
who does he think he is, what a load of patronising b/s.... oh yeah, those quaint 'up north' types with their egg cups and comfortable beds, what a charming simple life they lead.... tell you what vinny, walk into my local Costa with Coelho under your arm, and you'd better know your Borges from your Boiled Eggs... my crew will nail you ontologically in five seconds flat

Um, shall we get Paxman up for a University Challenge-style 'Vinny Kompany vs bizzbo & crew' one night only stand off?

Is Costa equipped for such an epic battle?

Hero! Absolute legend and definite captain material! Hope he has a long and propsperous City career!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.