Vincent Kompany testimonial

Found it hilarious that Neville got booed off having picked up a hamstring in Vinnies' testimonial! Also, Scholes looks like he could still unlock Pogba for United!

Thanks. What counts most is that two City greats were given a fitting send-off.
I had a brief moment with Kompany yesterday about 1.30pm just before his press conference and I told him that the game was on the 40th anniversary of Bell's testimonial (which seemed to make him think for a moment) and then I mentioned that if the reports coming in were correct that the attendance could beat Trautmann's. He seemed somewhat touched to say the least. Thoroughly deserved.

I read a few booed him in the warm up/before the game. He definitely had his boots with him to play. What a bunch of knobheads some of our fans are; the guy turns up for a charity match to help the most vulnerable in our society and to say thanks to Vinny and he'd get mullered by his own fans!

He's treated City fans and the Club with zero respect since running his contract down to nothing and leaving on a free. If he wants to help the Charity he could maybe donate a portion of the signing on fee he took from the dippers, just a thought?

Enjoyed last night. It was nice to watch a game at The Etihad without any stress! Great turn out for a great man. Shame Balotelli wasn’t involved, but the football was peripheral really. It was all about Kompany and raising awareness of homelessness in Manchester.
What I liked best was that this was a return to stuff that was commonplace when I was a kid. In the 70s we seemed to have lots of nights like this where the City family would gather to celebrate the career of a legend. We'd bring a few of the players out from the late 60s or even 50s (Still remember seeing Trautmann play in Hart's testimonial when I was about 6). It made us all feel good about our club and our players. Young kids today get to learn a bit about our heritage and seeing Petrov, Ireland, SWP etc. gives them chance to understand a bit more about our City DNA. At a time when our heroes are winning trophies, it's important for younger fans to see those that came before them. I think I'd like to see a mini game - say five/seven a side - played on the pitch (shortened!) as a prematch activity next time we have one of these, involving players from earlier eras such as Hinchcliffe, Brightwell, Dickov, Barnes, Owen - basically anyone who can still play for say 15 minutes each way. Followed by a testimonial of recent stars/internationals.

He's treated City fans and the Club with zero respect since running his contract down to nothing and leaving on a free. If he wants to help the Charity he could maybe donate a portion of the signing on fee he took from the dippers, just a thought?

Leave the thinking to others pal...

?

Neville never played for City, played for our hated rivals and was playing for the opposition.

Milner played for City, always give his all during his extremely successful period with us and would have been playing for us last night.

And re: Sterling, I thought we were better than their fans?

Milner had a good spell with City but was disappointing towards the end when he led us a merry dance by not saying he was leaving, it was disappointing he left to chase a big pay day, disappointing about some of the things he has said and done since and disappointing that he was a mardarse for not playing last night if it was because he feared being booed. Most of the booing last night was of the pantomime villain type and I am sure his would have been similar.

I do not see how you can compare a potential bit of good natured booing which might have happened from City fans at a friendly with the hate filled booing by Liverpool fans.

Enjoyed last night, was a long old day with having to drive up from London and back again for work but well worth it to give a send off to Vinnie.

I loved the humility of us having people like Petrov and Benjani out there, most testimonials these days are just full of ex superstars which is also great but I did have a laugh with my dad how we used to have all our hopes every season on people like Benjani, Vassell, Ireland and so on. I loved De Jong's performance, brought back good memories of him flying around the pitch under Mancini.

Shame Balotelli seemingly wasn't allowed to take part which is a shame but still very good of him to come over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.