Vincent Kompany

Gaylord du Bois said:
Like for like the nearest I can compare him to is Dave Watson.
Very similar all round ability but Vince has the added edge of athleticism of the modern day player.

Vinnie has replaced Dave Watson in my all time City XI.

I only finished watching the Sky coverage o f the game last night and was actually gobsmacked to hear Carra describe Vinnie's performance as perhaps the best he'd ever seen by a centre back: I never expected to hear an ex-Liverpool say that.

I've said this before but if Vinnie stays fit, he could claim the title of world's best CB this season. I think he needs to lead us to a trophy (or two) and put on some outstanding displays in the World Cup and UCL.

Thanks to Blue Punter for pointing out the 66/1 VInnie PFA player of the year, I stuck 25 on it

He dropped form 66 to 16 overnight at VC. I think the most you can get now is 20s. Come on Vinnie lad!

Still a huge ask for him to get player of the year when you consider a) injuries and b) the awards leanings toward attackers.

adrianr said:
Still a huge ask for him to get player of the year when you consider a) injuries and b) the awards leanings toward attackers.

Yea course, that's why he was 66/1....

He's in the top 10 favourites now though

'Scotty' Parker will win it. Or Kyle Walker. Or Gareth Bale. Or Giggs. Maybe Scholes if he comes out of retirement.

The Fat el Hombre said:
adrianr said:

Sorry, was referring to the 'best you can get is 20s' part.

If Baines scores a couple more of those free kicks and most importantly in high profile games he wouldn't be a bad punt actually.

adrianr said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
adrianr said:

Sorry, was referring to the 'best you can get is 20s' part.

If Baines scores a couple more of those free kicks and most importantly in high profile games he wouldn't be a bad punt actually.

No worries mate I wasn't having a pop!

Always gonna be a long shot but at 66/1 after the derby game I had to stick some on

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 4h
Vincent Kompany completed 5 take-ons today, more than Arsenal trio Theo Walcott, Mesut Ozil & Aaron Ramsey combined (4).

Was brilliant today as we've come to expect but that's a great stat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.