Vincent Kompany

Not old enough to have seen the likes of Colin bell etc play, i've heard stories and seen the odd clip but was he considered one of the best midfielders in the world during his peak? Kompany is certainly one of, if not the best defender right now and has been for the last 3-4 years.

Do supporters of other teams that are of an age to remember that era consider Bell or whoever else to have been right up there with anybody else of that era? I don't hear many non-city supporters talk about him much. I'm confident in 20-30 years time Kompany will still be talked about as being one of the finest defenders of this era.

Not forgetting footballers nowadays are of a much higher calibre in general than those from past years. We've got the best team we've ever had with a large number of the best players we've ever had right now. It's a good time to be a blue.

jrb said:
Rad Cafe to a Man praising Kompany. ;-)

Nice to see isn't it. Most of them are calling for the heads of Wio and Young too. Their player rating thread is a joy.

Sick of hearing how Rooney was by far uniteds best player. Well he was but that isn't saying much.
I actually think Kompany bossed and bullied him out of the game. Rooney had all his play around the 35 yard mark causing not much damage. He had one little run in the penalty area and the shot that he skied, and that was IT!

He must really fuckin hate playing against Kompany.

I honestly can't think of anything to say about Vinnie's performance because I'm still speechless at the way he dominated Rooney so completely and utterly. Beyond comprehension.<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:42 pm --<br /><br />I honestly can't think of anything to say about Vinnie's performance because I'm still speechless at the way he dominated Rooney so completely and utterly. Beyond comprehension.

I like what Vinny said after the match . We wanted it more than Manchester United . I like it when where being smug . Its like pay back for all those years they used to batter us .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.