Vincent Kompany

He's right this time.
Burnley finished well above Luton but at the moment look a lot worse.
They lost a lot of their on loan players from last season, like Harwood bellis, and Kompsny looks like he's resigned to going down
I think Burnley would need snookers to stay up.

He's right this time.
Burnley finished well above Luton but at the moment look a lot worse.
They lost a lot of their on loan players from last season, like Harwood bellis, and Kompsny looks like he's resigned to going down
I personally don’t think he is right, partly due to what you have highlighted, and partly because of what Vinny has articulated over the past few weeks.

They have lost vital players and struggled to properly replace them (which, with only one transfer window, can’t really be used as evidence of incompetent in recruitment on Vinny’s part).

Burnley have lost a decent number of games by close margins, some of those having actually played pretty well in the match (the ones I watched). Early on the general consensus amongst pundits and journalists was “good performances, bad results”.

And they have lost points due to a number of very dubious (in)decisions over the course of the season and rarely seem to get similar (in)decisions go in their favour. He highlighted about five (with five similar incidents that went their opposition and/or direct competition’s way) in his interview and there are a few more he could have mentioned from earlier on in the season.

I don’t necessarily think it is intentional, but the sum consequence of the inconsistent officiating has them below Luton, instead of above them, where they could easily be.

I don’t think he is doing nearly as bad a job as some on here seem to believe he is. He certainly has room to improve and grow, no arguing that, but I wouldn’t classify him as a poor manager based on not even a full season in the Premier League.

That is just knee jerk.

Given time, I think he can build a team that comes back up and stay there, while playing pretty decent football. The players seems to follow his instructions and run for him despite poor results which just means that they believe in him but the quality just isn't there. He also focuses on young players.

Luton has probably looked a bit more competive, especially in patches and they have gone for a different style of football which is well within their rights but at the end of the day they will most likely also go down because they are just not good enough. And when they are both back down there, I think Vinnies style of football has the biggest chance of getting another promotion

I think Burnley would need snookers to stay up.
Nearly.
If Forest, Everton and Brentford continue to average just under a point per game they'll finish on approximately 35 points. Burnley and Blades would need 22 points from 11 games and the closest team to two points per game are Villa who are currently fourth.
In technical terms Burnley are fucked and should start building for next season. I don't expect VK or anyone else at the club to throw in the towel but there is no way they can survive unless Forest and Everton have even more points deducted, and even then it will be close.

Really poor recruitment tbh, but i think they've seen this almost as a free hit. Wrong POV imo, they were well ahead of where the owners expected to me and walked the league last season. They should have gone down a similar path to Luton and got some experience in to match with the youth.

Depends on what the owners have asked him to do, but by persisting with his tactics, given the personnel he has, he has guaranteed relegation.

The parachute payments, plus the experience gained this season, might be enough to bounce right back up, which could all be factored in the long-term plan. However, Burnley are a poor, small club and it will take more than persistence with Pep-lite ball with players who appear incapable of it, to create success for him or the club.

Last edited:
I am still not convinced he has what it takes to become a manager at City. Saying that he is doing a lot better than Wilder when it comes to the relegation looming clubs.

I am still not convinced he has what it takes to become a manager at City. Saying that he is doing a lot better than Wilder when it comes to the relegation looming clubs.
Burnley ain't doing better by much joint on points with them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.