Vinicius Junior

Only teams who could afford him is psg/united/Chelsea. City can’t buy every player that comes into the market. Unless we plan to change formation again and use Jack/Phil in the centre. Only way it works is if Gundo/Bernie go. Not forgetting the ginger prince.

Mahrez isn't going anywhere either.

Vinicius does not fit our style one bit.

Fantastic player, but we have long said goodbye to the Sane template.
Got to agree - he was a passenger last week because he simply doesn't do any work off the ball. That's ok for some teams who accommodate that from attacking players and make it work for them. In our system he'd stick out like a sore thumb

Pep has evolved plenty since he got here. I don't think any world class player is beyond adapting to his style if he has the right mindset, and I dont think Pep is beyond finding ways to adapt his system to suit a world class (or more likely even lower level) player. Just look at the "4 CB" formation this year

I disagree with the idea that he would need to fit our style of play. Pep has shown that if you're top class, he'll make it work.

He made Walker, one of the least 'Pep-type' players we've had since 2016, one of the most important. Dias is probably our weakest CB when playing out of the back, but he's our most important defender. Delph, Zinchenko, Cancelo, Aké and Akanji have all been hugely influential as LBs. Haaland supposedly wouldn't fit our style, and now look at us.

I don't believe we're going to sign Vini Jr. But if we did, it'd 100% work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.