Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

I'm struggling to think of anyone with more passion,enthusiasm,inspiration and charisma.The incredible knowledge he has acquired,under the men for whom he has played,alongside the management experience he will now gain in a competitive league,and i can't think of a better candidate.

Hopefully the fairytale happens.

Agreed. He is also very intelligent and I have no doubt he has soaked up lots of Pep's knowledge and philosophies while playing under him. If he starts getting Anderlecht playing great football and winning games he is going to be nailed on a return when Pep leaves.

The Mail has a suggestion that there will be a relationship built up.
It makes sense - Kompany wants to play Guardiola football (he said this, I think), and it helps everyone involved.

If there is some kind of link up, Jérémy Doku should be high on the list of recruits. I watched him play for Belgium against Ireland in the recent under 17 tournament. A fantastic prospect.

As this doesn't display properly for me - it says that Simon Davies, Head of Academy Coaching, is likely to be off to Anderlecht. As it's from Kristof Terreur, it's probably accurate - he's a great source for Belgian football news (admittedly, maybe not the biggest field to choose from).

[@walfoot] Simon Davies would oversee Vincent Kompany choosing the tactics as well as the squad for each game. The Welshman would be in charge of implementing such tactics while Kompany is on the pitch.

As this doesn't display properly for me - it says that Simon Davies, Head of Academy Coaching, is likely to be off to Anderlecht. As it's from Kristof Terreur, it's probably accurate - he's a great source for Belgian football news (admittedly, maybe not the biggest field to choose from).
This is 100% happening. Him and Vincent have a very good and close relationship.

D7GzktJWkAIb_pl.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.