Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

Pep Guardiola: “Vincent helped this club achieve so much before I came and when I arrived here, we tried to do it together along with all the other people to try and maintain that position and create new history.”

His spirit has been incredible; he was so important for us in the final weeks of this season and against Leicester he shot with a real desire to score that goal.”

“It will be so difficult to replace Vinnie. Everyone is everyone and have their strengths, but Vincent is special. For all the time he gave a speech to the guys or spoke with passion about something, he believed in, his leaving will be a big loss.”

“We will miss him. I will miss him a lot. Of course, I wish him the very best in the next stage of his life, but he is an incredible part of this football club and will remain so forever.”

So you could finish 6th and win the league via the playoffs?

How is their squad? Do they have the youth players and/or budget to put a decent run together next season? Assuming their manager is any good.......

Basically, you play the first 30 games. If you get in to Play Off 1, you get half the points you've earned and the competition between the first 6 begins. Technically, you can win the league if you've finished 6th after the first 30 leagues.

The squad is the worst ever... While Anderlecht was a team who had a lot of good players in the past, this season, it's pretty bad.

In goal we have a good goalkeeper called Didillon, that's a good base.

But in defense... We don't have a right-back. I feel we should go and work with Saelemaekers, but he's 19. He has two competitors: A Frenchman, called Appiah, who isn't worthy to clean any booth for a first team-player, and an international of Honduras, Najar, who is good but always injured while tying his boots.

In center, you have Bornauw, Kara, Sanneh, Lawrence and Milic. Let me tell you: the last three, it's the worst ever. Bornauw is a big talent, who already has a lot of impact. Kara was good when his knee wasn't so bad. Sanneh was our second expensive signing and he's very bad. Lawrence (Welsh international) and Milic (Croation international, BENCH) are only useful to fill the water-bottles.

In midfield, we have Kums and Trebel. The first one was the general of the AA Gent squad who eliminated Tottenham a few years ago. Trebel is the player with the heighest wage at the moment. There was a big scandal concerning match fixing in Belgium and his manager was involved so the club wants to get rid of him.
There is a big talent, called Sambi Lokonga, an elegant central midfielder. According to me, he'll be very good.

In front of him, you have the biggest talent in Belgium. Yari Verschaeren was in the squad for the first time in November but he made an immediate impact. Keep an eye on him, he's surprising me every week.

For wingers, now we have Bolasie (Everton, Palace, Villa), who isn't playing that very will at the moment, although you can see he could bring a good vibe to Anderlecht. For his postion we have Amuzu (nice young player but has no vision) and Doku and this is a very, very, very big talent.

Strikers: that's just ridiculous. I wont even mention them...

I’d love to know the timeline of when he knew he was leaving. That goal against Leicester was fate.

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won.

(The rest of it is less apposite, as the Captain - Abe Lincoln - lies dead.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.