Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the youtube, i am impressed with him. i never seen such CB running through the center like a hot knife through butter. plus, he have decent passing range with both feet. that is ball playing defender quality, something Pelle admired most.

hopefully we can sign him, along with Benatia or Manggala.

No, no , no and no. Celtic are an absolute abherration of a side in a derisible league. I wouldn't buy anyone from them unless he was scoring 10 goals a game, at least 5 a season with their bell end for banter, had 100% pass completion, and won man of the match every week. Even then I'd want to send them to County first so they could prove themselves against higher quality opposition.

celticfc482 said:
Hopefully 10 million + if he goes. The best CB we have had in years.

Cheers.

Sounds as if he might be worth a gamble depending on who Pellegrini wants to be his main Centre Backs.

Anyone know how van Dijk performed in the Champions League. This would help to provide more meaningful insight into how he may perform in the Premier League etc.

FantasyIreland said:
So how is Rekik being chosen ahead of him? or was that a one off and not the case?

Obviously Van Gaal has a problem with the SPL like most do.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:52 pm --<br /><br />
Kompany is King said:
celticfc482 said:
Hopefully 10 million + if he goes. The best CB we have had in years.

Cheers.

Sounds as if he might be worth a gamble depending on who Pellegrini wants to be his main Centre Backs.

Anyone know how van Dijk performed in the Champions League. This would help to provide more meaningful insight into how he may perform in the Premier League etc.

He did well, best performances were probably Ajax and Barcelona at home. You can only do so much however against better opposition yourself, the fact is we are obviously no where near the top level. I am pretty sure if you put him in a top side he will perform well. His youtube videos are not his best bits. He is quick, he can bring the ball out well, he is good in the air and he does read the game well. Obviously a big room for improvement as well.

supposed to be a decent player in the scottish league but don't think we'd take a gamble on him to be first choice, think he needs to prove himself elsewhere first of all, if we had him as cover might be worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.