Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we need is a tall dominant CB who is composed on the ball.

With that in mind I can see why Van Dijk is a supposed target.

I am always hesitant about January signings, I hope, if we do sign him, he isn't another Bony - a player signed on the back of a period of good form which masks his obvious deficiencies. I haven't watched a lot of Van Dijk to know whether this is just a temporary purple patch or not tbh.

I can see him helping to stop dropped points in games like Boro. Stones isn't particularly good in the air and whilst Otamendi is very, very good in the air for his size he's just going to be unable to overcome his lack of height at times. Van Dijk is what? 6ft4?

We could have had Van Dijk & Alderweireld for half the price of Mangala.

The Pellegrini era was weird.

Why didn't we buy him from Celtic? Would have been a bargain. Lack of foresight? It was obvious at Celtic he had something about him, granted we'd have ended up paying more than Southampton did, but now we're likely to get rinsed by Southampton!!

No thanks, will be another expensive waste of money.

Why get rid of the likes of Mangala if we're going to bring in another heavy defender. We should be keeping to the current three CBs and promoting younger players if necessary between now and the end of the season. Kolarov has proven he can stand in and Pep is flexible with his formations. If we still need a replacement in the Summer we can get someone a level above him - I'm sure the likes of Boateng (a proven world class defender) could be obtainable for less than Van djik who's yet to convince me.

We need to prioritize left and right back.

I'm sure the likes of Boateng (a proven world class defender) could be obtainable for less than Van djik
Not only would he be a lot more than Van Dijk, Don't think he would be available, and think he has a chip on his shoulder about his time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.