Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things on Van Dijk that people still don't seem to understand:

1. He was originally a target for us, but we didn't want to match Southampton's valuation and stopped pursuing him.
2. Early in the window he chose Liverpool over us, it was apparent he didn't want to come here this window.
3. I'm sure the original plan was to let Otamendi leave, sign a world class centre half to replace him and keep Kolarov as 4th choice. By having to spend more on full backs than we budgeted for and Kolarov wanting to leave, the plans changed and we only had money to bring in a 4th choice centre half.
4. The money we didn't use i.e. the Sanchez or Mbappe funds, would never have been used on a big name centre half. It was in the plan to use that to bring in an attacker, and I'm sure it'll be kept to do so if any suitable targets become available in January.
5. Southampton were adamant he was going nowhere all summer, and good for them for having that ambition.

So he was never in our budget, he didn't want to come and Southampton weren't going to let him leave.

Excellent summation mate.

He's been flying up to Liverpool after training for the past two days, lol. He was sat in a hotel room last night waiting for the OK whilst Southampton shut down their office and fucked off home!

He's been flying up to Liverpool after training for the past two days, lol. He was sat in a hotel room last night waiting for the OK whilst Southampton shut down their office and fucked off home!

Southampton have definitely had enough of Liverpool it seems, fair play to them. Little bit grateful to Southampton, because I think van dijk would have turned the dippers from top 4 contenders to title challengers.

We've now got 4 months to find out just how fit Vinny is. If he stays injury free (and doesn't show too many signs of age) I expect we'll review the 4th CB position in January. But if Vinny has another injury then we'll splash out the cash to sign VVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.