Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think Stones will come good, however he needs Vinny at his side to play off. Otamendi can be used further forward in a de Jong role as back up to Ferna. *IF* we can get and keep Kompany fit it will feel like a new signing. I know, I know I'm a dreamer!

Otamendi is our best defender this season, why change his position ?

Stones is a walking disaster.

Bollocks.

Stones might need to improve the odd poor decision and gain a bit more consistency in his game,but in the main he has been very good,when given the opportunity.He's got a great attitude too,he'll prove a great purchase.

Playing alongside a reliable,intelligent and powerful player like VVD would be ideal and would bring him on in leaps and bounds.

Bollocks.

Stones might need to improve the odd poor decision and gain a bit more consistency in his game,but in the main he has been very good,when given the opportunity.He's got a great attitude too,he'll prove a great purchase.

Playing alongside a reliable,intelligent and powerful player like VVD would be ideal and would bring him on in leaps and bounds.
He is a liability right now. He leads the league in mistakes leading to goals. He is costing us goals. That's why pep has been hesitant to use him regularly. You have to be blind not to see that. Ota is clearly the better defender. And if VVD is bought it will be Ota partnering him.

He is a liability right now. He leads the league in mistakes leading to goals. He is costing us goals. That's why pep has been hesitant to use him regularly. You have to be blind not to see that. Ota is clearly the better defender. And if VVD is bought it will be Ota partnering him.
A liability?

Behave,other than a desperately unlucky rebound on Sunday,that led to their fourth.....he had a fine game,particularly in the first half where he looked composed and commanding.

A liability?

Behave,other than a desperately unlucky rebound on Sunday,that led to their fourth.....he had a fine game,particularly in the first half where he looked composed and commanding.
Just stating the facts. He is a unreliable CB and a liability. This season he has made brainless passes, giving way balls to opposition, held on the ball for far too long, making wrong decisions. There is a reason he has been in and out of the starting lineup and Pep having to shout at him or calling him to the touch line to give him instructions. For the huge fee we paid, he is not cutting it right now. There is being bias towards overrated English players and there is also pure blindness. He did not have a fine game against Everton. To say he did is utter bollocks.

Just stating the facts. He is a unreliable CB and a liability. This season he has made brainless passes, giving way balls to opposition, held on the ball for far too long, making wrong decisions. There is a reason he has been in and out of the starting lineup and Pep having to shout at him or calling him to the touch line to give him instructions. For the huge fee we paid, he is not cutting it right now. There is being bias towards overrated English players and there is also pure blindness. He did not have a fine game against Everton. To say he did is utter bollocks.
We'll agree to disagree.

Back on topic please.

I'm interested how anyone could possibly define Mangala as a panic buy.

Well for the a reported £32m-£42m, depending who you believe, for a defender who isn't great on the ball (given we're trying to to create a 'style of play' passing out from the back) and with NOT one, but two left feet, if it was a cold, calculated buy I would say somebody needs to get the sack at City. Don't try to blame it on Pellegrini, all said and done he was always a stop-gap until Pep arrived.

Surprise surprise we got f*cked over by Jorge Mendes and paid well over the odds because we were sh*t scared somebody else was going to buy Mangala, a limited CB who played in a below par league, that's what I call a panic buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.