Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what Hallmarks are those?

I can't see any way in which the VVD transfer is similar to Bony except by virtue of both being January signings.
The hallmark of a fan clamour to sign a player who is available despite not being good enough

We need proven class not potential class

The hallmark of a fan clamour to sign a player who is available despite not being good enough

We need proven class not potential class

So no hallmarks then, it's just a player you don't rate personally.

Van Dijk has probably been the best centre half in the league this season. Not only is he available but he's used to the league and has shown he can perform in it.

Van Dijk has probably been the best centre half in the league this season. Not only is he available but he's used to the league and has shown he can perform in it.

He's not available though. Southampton will not sell him.

He is too similar to Stones, we need someone more experienced and physically stronger than him. Would rather we went all out for Bonucci.

I'm 100% positive Van Dijk would dominate Stones every time and even Bonucci for that matter. Van Dijk is Kompany level of huge

I agree, but I do worry to some extent that he's a product of a very good system which does its upmost to protect the back four. Don't get me wrong I think he's excellent but I wonder if he'd be the same imperious defender here as we tend to leave our CB's exposed more.

'Southampton will not sell him'. What!?
They are a proven selling club. They sell, buy cheap and sell again for profit and they are excellent at it
Fair play they do it so often and put clubs like us to shame in some aspects, but they will sell providing we pay the money they rate him for; probably circa 25M

I'm 100% positive Van Dijk would dominate Stones every time and even Bonucci for that matter. Van Dijk is Kompany level of huge

What? If you are talking about physically dominating then Stones is the same size as Van Dijk. if you are talking about skill then I don't think Van Dijk is as good as Stones and he sure as shit isn't as good as Bonucci.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.