Virgin train City Discount

I'm having trouble getting a discount on the Virgin trains - has the offer finished for MCFC supporters. When I put season ticket number in, it costs the same as if I was booking without

I'm having trouble getting a discount on the Virgin trains - has the offer finished for MCFC supporters. When I put season ticket number in, it costs the same as if I was booking without
No its not finished, but they're getting smart on certain games, I guess you are looking at 6th April ? They'll have binned that at full time. I use it the other way, and 5 minutes after the CL draw it had been removed as an option, in fact I couldn't even reserves a seat.

No its not finished, but they're getting smart on certain games, I guess you are looking at 6th April ? They'll have binned that at full time. I use it the other way, and 5 minutes after the CL draw it had been removed as an option, in fact I couldn't even reserves a seat.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was actually trying to get tickets in July (going to Wimbledon). But although it recognised the MCFC20 promotion code, it didn’t reduce the price.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was actually trying to get tickets in July (going to Wimbledon). But although it recognised the MCFC20 promotion code, it didn’t reduce the price.

Does it deduct when you go to checkout ? I used an old link about 6 weeks ago and it seemed to reduce the amount. I’m going to try tomorrow as like you have tickets for Wimbledon.

Reactions: CC1

I had this problem the other day, so I rang them up and was told they release their advanced tickets in batches, and they only sell a finite number of discounted promotional advanced tickets in each batch, and once they’re gone they’re gone. So the MCFC discount does still work, but only if they haven’t already sold their quota of discounted tickets, which personally I think they’re reducing the number of bit by bit. That lot notwithstanding, they won’t have released any advanced tickets for July yet anyway. Also, depending on where you live, tickets from Liverpool rather than Manchester are sometimes cheaper, and West Midlands Railways (formerly London Midland) run a franchise from Crewe to London Euston. Tickets are dirt cheap (I’ve travelled for between £9 and £17-50p each way with them many times when Beardy Branson has priced me out of the market - despite the name tag I live in London). Takes a little longer - usually around 3 hours 30 mins rather than 2 hours 15 mins - but well worth it.

Last edited:

Are you going as a couple? If so get a two together railcard for £30 for the year. Fare in July is £179 for two off peak returns reducing to £118 with railcard. Can only be used off peak but we travel a lot by train and it’s a third off all off peak fares.

I had this problem the other day, so I rang them up and was told they release their advanced tickets in batches, and they only sell a finite number of discounted promotional advanced tickets in each batch, and once they’re gone they’re gone. So the MCFC discount does still work, but only if they haven’t already sold their quota of discounted tickets, which personally I think they’re reducing the number of bit by bit. That lot notwithstanding, they won’t have released any advanced tickets for July yet anyway. Also, depending on where you live, tickets from Liverpool rather than Manchester are sometimes cheaper, and West Midlands Railways (formerly London Midland) run a franchise from Crewe to London Euston. Tickets are dirt cheap (I’ve travelled for between £9 and £17-50p each way with them many times when Beardy Branson has priced me out of the market - despite the name tag I live in London). Takes a little longer - usually around 3 hours 30 mins rather than 2 hours 15 mins - but well worth it.

Thanks for the help. I’ll try again nearer the time

Are you going as a couple? If so get a two together railcard for £30 for the year. Fare in July is £179 for two off peak returns reducing to £118 with railcard. Can only be used off peak but we travel a lot by train and it’s a third off all off peak fares.

Thanks. Hadn’t thought of that. Probably worth it long term

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.