Virus at the Swamp [MERGED]

Re: Virus at the Swamp

Chick Counterfly said:
Lancet Fluke said:
The big change in odds seemed to happen over the weekend. They were favourites when I looked at the end of last week, we win and they look shite at home to Wolves and then we were favourites by Monday morning.

Yep, in between our result and the end of MOTD,

it went from city 3, united 2.8, draw 3.5 to

city 2.85, United 2.9, draw 3.45

but there was a big shift this morning. This virus story has been doing the rounds for a few days now. Hard to say if it's the casual market just catching on, or if the reports are being confirmed on the quiet and the clever boys are shifting their money ASAP (happens sometimes, people definitely got wind of just how weak our team for the Carling Cup would be a few days before the event, and our odds shot out). There is A LOT of money available at .15 higher than was the case at 6am.

Fingers crossed that there is some truth in it then. It's almost certain to be bollocks though, unfortunately.

Lancet Fluke said:
Fingers crossed that there is some truth in it then. It's almost certain to be bollocks though, unfortunately.
It was definitely reported last week that OPN was forced to stay away from Carrington for a couple of days because he'd got a virus that was spreading around. And I assumed that was why Berbatov didn't play at the weekend.

You're right though, it probably is a load of bollocks.

Lancet Fluke said:
Chick Counterfly said:
Yep, in between our result and the end of MOTD,

it went from city 3, united 2.8, draw 3.5 to

city 2.85, United 2.9, draw 3.45

but there was a big shift this morning. This virus story has been doing the rounds for a few days now. Hard to say if it's the casual market just catching on, or if the reports are being confirmed on the quiet and the clever boys are shifting their money ASAP (happens sometimes, people definitely got wind of just how weak our team for the Carling Cup would be a few days before the event, and our odds shot out). There is A LOT of money available at .15 higher than was the case at 6am.

Ain't worried either way. Whatever they put out, we can beat them. I only follow it out of interest, never back it up with real money. Most of the time the main driver seems to be over-reaction to media stories, the latest bit of news or result.

Chick Counterfly said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Ain't worried either way. Whatever they put out, we can beat them. I only follow it out of interest, never back it up with real money. Most of the time the main driver seems to be over-reaction to media stories, the latest bit of news or result.

I agree entirely but it would be funny to see Nani follow through in his shorts and Berbatov vomiting.

Sounds like he's gettin his excuses in early to me! Knows they don't have a chance of winning so he has to use a 'virus' as an excuse for fielding an even weaker team than the normal startin XI!

johnny crossan said:
Virus leaves Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson sweating on stars for derby showdown
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 10:15 AM on 9th November 2010
Sir Alex Ferguson admits he won't know who he has available for the Manchester derby until Wednesday morning because his club are in the grip of a virus.
More soon

Dieing_to_see_us.jpg

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1327981/Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html#ixzz14mTfOBSV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z14mTfOBSV</a>

I hate to say it but Fergie is looking better than I've seen him in a long time.

RAGS making Excuses already

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f11/manchester-city-vs-manchester-united-premier-league-10-11-2010-a-313284/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f11/manchester-c ... -a-313284/</a>

Is it the same virus that taggart wouldn't sell to Real Madrid methinks?

The virus is 100 per cent legit.

Albeit, it has been at their training ground since early last week, and I would be surprised them not to be near fulll strength.

Hardly anybody trained on the Friday, as City were also aware at our place to stay away.

Expect Giggs, Fletcher, Carrick and Nani all to be available

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.