Vivianne Miedema

Mrs W asked me if she was Scottish so you're not on the own noticing that
If I remember rightly she was in a relationship with a Scottish player early in her time in England, so she probably took on some of that accent as she became more fluent.

Love this signing - the loss of Bunny for the final games effectively cost us the league. I'm trying to get my head around who is going to play next season as first choice front line once Bunny is fully fit. I can only assume Kelly is going to PSG because it would be a mistake to not give Mary Fowler, Jess Park and even Poppy Pritchard some game time.

Obviously this may change if there are any further signings...

Hemp - Bunny - Fowler/Miedema

Hasegawa - Roord - Blindkilda-Brown/Park

If Taylor is thinking of 4-3-3 this looks pretty good with Coombs and Pritchard in reserve in case of injuries I just can't see Kelly being a better option given her lack of goals per chances over the last year or so especially if we can get a decent fee for her.

Defensively I really hope we can keep hold of Alexandri because we will be struggling if we enter the year with Alex and Alanna as first choice centre backs. Rumours of us signing Shimizu will strengthen full back but we really need a ball playing centre back alongside Alex.
Will Roord be fit for the start of the season?

I think so given the mid / late Sept start - she seems to have been training at full tilt for a while. I think the extended rest will do her good. We def need her as it is vital we start well - this year could be one where you can only afford to lose 2 games to win the title.

I think late Sept might be a little bit early but I hope we're no more than 1-2 months without her.

Everyone's different but I don't recall many pro footballers returning within 8 months. She looks to have made great progress every step of the way though so she'll hopefully be one of the ones that comes back early-ish and stays fit. Mead was out 11 months, Miedema 10 and Williamson 9.

Thankfully there's no need to rush things as we have great cover. Very excited to see if bring her back in at 10 or drop her a bit deeper given our forward options now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.