Vlad Weiss

A A

Anonymous

I'm posting this on behalf of a new member (CityBear)...

I'm a Rangers fan, just got a question or two for you since i cannot start a new thread!

Vladimir Weiss. Cracking player.

Whats the chances of him fitting into your 25man in the new few years?
If he was to be sold, how much do you think he'd be valued at? and do you think there's a possibility we could get him longer? He just scored his first goal there on saturday at home, cracking linkup play with Lafferty, go on the Rangers BBC sport and you'll be able to see it, made the keeper look like a right twat. Anyway, he's been the width in all our attacks and can beat a player - someone we've needed for a while.

Hopefully if he keeps progressing at Rangers then he'll be the replacement for SWP. Wouldn't get enough chances at us this year but if he plays well this season then he should hopefully be coming back

It may be a shame, but the chances of him coming back and playing for City are non-existant.

He doesn't fit into our style of play (what we're working towards, at least), and hasn't progressed enough to warrant a place in a team challenging for the very top of every competition.

You may well get him on loan for longer. His value is no more than 8 million, maybe half that. He has just over 2 years left on his contract, 1.5 years by the time his loan ends. It will not take a lot of money for us to sell while he has such a short time remaining on his contract.

It's not clear whether he's developed enough to come back yet. People are saying he's the replacement for SWP but the fact is we could (as we still have time before we have to consider the FFP rules) go out and buy someone like Marko Marin, Aaron Lennon shit even Gareth Bale (and move Jonno to the right permanantly) for that.

I think he's got a lot of work to do to get to the stage where he comes back and plays a role. He's got a lot of potential but is also pretty lightweight and very raw. He needs to think more and develop his footballing brain before he can be a Mancini favourite.

All in all I wouldn't be surprised if he was allowed to stay at Rangers. I think the fee could be anything up to £5m-£6m though and Sampdoria, Stuttgart and a few others have all been interested in the past and presumably would be again if he has a good season in Glasgow, so you'd have competition.

A Favour for CityBear

Since he can't post topics yet, he asked me to do so.

He asks City fans the following:
A) Can Vlad Weiss return and stake his claim in our 25 man squad next year?
B) If not, how much would it cost Rangers to buy him come next summer.

@Citybhoy. Nice to see that you're still living in our shaddows :-), To be fair, i'm thankful he chose The Rangers rather than Celt*c, afterall - he must know his football eh? :D... Aslong as Vlad the Timpaler rips a new hole for you guys this weekend, I'll be happy.

@All the city fans, Thanks for the response, generaly I expected that with all the money the sheik has, he could buy someone with 10x the potential and 10x the ability at the snap of a finger, and wouldn't really be too fussed about loosing him on the cheap as it's not costing him anything really. He seems to be enjoying himself at Rangers - hopefuly if he gels enough he might want to stay!

CityBear said:
@Citybhoy. Nice to see that you're still living in our shaddows :-), To be fair, i'm thankful he chose The Rangers rather than Celt*c, afterall - he must know his football eh? :D... Aslong as Vlad the Timpaler rips a new hole for you guys this weekend, I'll be happy.

@All the city fans, Thanks for the response, generaly I expected that with all the money the sheik has, he could buy someone with 10x the potential and 10x the ability at the snap of a finger, and wouldn't really be too fussed about loosing him on the cheap as it's not costing him anything really. He seems to be enjoying himself at Rangers - hopefuly if he gels enough he might want to stay!

Celtic's bald Swede will deal with young Vlad on Sunday......if the wee man even starts that is!

I think he'll allowed to develop further on loan then sold on for a good fee (seriously doubt Rangers could afford him), no doubt with future clauses and things. Like others have said i'm not sure he'd really fit into our system, but you never know.

Personally i wouldn't want him to spend too much time in the SPL, needs to really challenge and prove himself in a top league, so i think you'll only get 1 season from him. But it's good he's getting a regular game now and growing in confidence.

All part of the academy plan though i'm sure, it has 2 functions - save money by producing players for the team + earn money by selling off good, but not quite good enough players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.