Vladimir Weiss - Signs For Ranjirs Season Loan

I don't want to cause an argument here but thanks guys for not tolerating the sectarian comment. There's a lot of football forums out there that would have - particularly Scottish ones. No need to report though...I think people who hit out with racist/sectarian/homophobic stuff should be pitied.

Sorry if I caused a fuss as well. I just don't see the need for a Celtic fan to take a cheap shot at Rangers on a Man City forum. Particularly since we could probably sit next to each other wearing light blue at Eastlands!

Anyway - since I sorta caused this, and I'm a newbie, I'll try and move it back on topic!

I think either Rangers or Celtic would have been an excellent destination for Weiss. Ok, the SPL isn't as good as the Premiership...but it is a physical league and I would say that the top half SPL teams would do very well in the Championship. I'm sure that will divide opinion...but I do honestly think the SPL gets some unfair criticism on occasion.

By going to the Old Firm, the lack of experience in the Premiership will perhaps be substituted by the experience of European football. Since he's gone to Rangers...he'll get vital experience in the Champions League.

If Celtic were in for him as well...as has been heavily rumoured...then I'm sure it would have been City's decision to release him to Rangers and not Celtic...purely for that reason.

If both clubs had offers accepted I'm almost certain he'd have joined Celtic...given their much better financial situation and (at the moment at elast) board room stability.

Because while us Old Firm fans would put on our Royal Blue and Hooped jerseys and scream otherwise...to a player like Weiss...Rangers and Celtic are probably 6 and half a dozen.

I think it's an excellent move for everyone involved. I just hope that City don't sell the guy after he's been farmed out. Just because he's not one of the big stars doesn't mean he's any less capable.

CelticBhoyCityBlue said:
cleavers said:
Please keep the abbreviated version of "honey" off bluemoon, if celtic/rangers followers want to use those terms can they do so on their own forums please.

Thanks.

Fair enough, wasn't meant to offend, actually it's a term of endearment! Next some members will be offended by my user name. That comment apart, I haven't gone off topic. I don't think it's a good move for the player, and that's my opinion as a CITY fan. Would have liked to have seen him across the city (on loan) but it's not the end of the world, would have preferred Bellamy!

so scotlands best team isnt a good move, but scotlands 2nd team is? explain. weiss gets cl football against the europa (yes i understand we are in it too).

ricey420 said:
I don't want to cause an argument here but thanks guys for not tolerating the sectarian comment......... No need to report though...I think people who hit out with racist/sectarian/homophobic stuff should be pitied.

Sorry if I caused a fuss as well.

Its best to "report" something on here if it offends, as one of the mods can then deal with it (in this case a simple delete of a word, nothing else required).

When I first saw Weiss play I thought wow we've got a goodun there. But to be honest I don't kthink he's come on as much as I hopes/thought he would. Hopefully this loan deal will give him the experience he needs and he'll come back a much improved player.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I cant see any advantage in this. Why send him to a poor league.

Ibrox park has a very good pitch and has 50,000+ every fortnight in it, champions league will also be played there, so vlad will get a chance to shine against 'lesser' (sorry spl players) talent's than his own. This can only help his game, get his head right and with a manager like smith hopefully he can learn from him.

I'd rather him gone to a better standard of football, but just look at bolton, he went from warming our bench to warming theirs!

Good luck vlad.

supercity36 said:
CelticBhoyCityBlue said:
Fair enough, wasn't meant to offend, actually it's a term of endearment! Next some members will be offended by my user name. That comment apart, I haven't gone off topic. I don't think it's a good move for the player, and that's my opinion as a CITY fan. Would have liked to have seen him across the city (on loan) but it's not the end of the world, would have preferred Bellamy!

so scotlands best team isnt a good move, but scotlands 2nd team is? explain. weiss gets cl football against the europa (yes i understand we are in it too).

Exactly what I was thinking. As I said...to a player like Weiss - Rangers and Celtic are probably equally as attractive. I'm sure it all came down to the simple fact of Champions League football v Europa football.

I cant see any advantage in this. Why send him to a poor league.

Surely you're not suggesting that the Reserves league is better than the SPL? As someone else already pointed out...he went to Bolton (a bottom half Premiership club) and sat on the bench.

I know the SPL gets some stick...but come on! It's good for Weiss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.