Vladimir Weiss - Signs For Ranjirs Season Loan

CelticBhoyCityBlue

Really disappointed with this news, thought he was coming to sign for the left! City don't want to loan him to a Premiership rival so he signs for Skint FC instead. The thought of being pumped in the Champions League must have been too great!

Rangers last night beat Old Firm rivals Celtic to secure the signature of Manchester City winger Vladimir Weiss on a season long loan deal.
The 20 year old Slovakian international who was wanted by the Hoops to replace Aiden McGeady was also on the radar of a host of other clubs including Newcastle, Bolton and Stuttgart .

But Rangers have persuaded the World Cup star who will arrive at Murray Park today and could face Hibs at Easter Road on Sunday to move to Ibrox with the lure of the Champions League and regular first team football in the SPL.

Manager Roberto Mancini sanctioned the temporary deal yesterday preferring the player was farmed out to a club outwith the Premiership and to a team involved in top level European football ahead of recalling Weiss into his first team squad next term.

City are demanding a hefty one off loan fee as well as a fair whack of the players' substantial wages being paid and that scared off the Bundesliga club allowing Rangers to seal the move later today .

The attacking wide man so long saught by Rangers caught the eye of boss Walter Smith during the World Cup with chief executive Martin Bain making inquiries about the player last month before stepping up interest earlier this week.

I thought young Vlad would play a part in the first team this season, given we're in 4 competitions. If he was going on loan he could have done better than play at the bigotdome.

I'm not sure how he could be possibly any less effective than Shauny at this stage to be honest, and is on much smaller wages. But I guess another season on loan is useful if he plays, Rangers go straight into CL group stage right?

Lazerboyblue said:
I thought young Vlad would play a part in the first team this season, given we're in 4 competitions. If he was going on loan he could have done better than play at the bigotdome.
Don't like Rangers either, but setting that aside it's a good move.

I think he'd have been a very effective player for us against lower league opposition in the Cups. But overall it's beter for Weiss and ultimately City if he gets to play regularly rather than the odd game here and there. The Bolton move didn't really work out. If we have young players who we are going to loan out then maybe the Championship or Scotland makes more sense.

Celtic over Rangers any day of the week for me so I'm disappointed in that respect - but at least he'll play in the CL, at least for the group stages anyway.

Not convinced this is better for his development than Stuttgart or Sampdoria though - you could argue that the SPL is more similar to the Premier League than those leagues are in terms of how the game is played, but the quality level is obviously far lower.

At least he'll get a lot more games than he did at Bolton I guess. I really want us to stand by Vlad as I think he has the potential to be more than good enough so I hope his development goes well.

As I said in the other thread, great move for Rangers, Miami will play wide & allow Davis to play through the middle.

Hopeflly it means Lafferty isn't playing wide either and an be accomodated somewhere between the bench & the Main Stand. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.