Vladimir Weiss

£4m is a good price, especially when you think SWP will be going for around about that.

Always had high hopes for him but when he played in the FA cup at Boro' a couple of years ago, the hope went. It was his big chance to make an impression and he was very poor. Didn't exactly set the SPL alight for Rangers, if he can't be decent up there, he's not going to get into our team is he?

Best of luck to him though.

£4 million is a decent price for the kid. I just hope we put in a sell on clause with this. Russian league players seem to go for a decent amount of money when the move on to other Russian teams or to Italy or Spain. Also if he plays in the European Championships at the end of this season and does well I would guess there would be teams in for him. Best of luck to the lad.

Not sure we can really say he'd never have gotten into the team. We hardly got to see how good he could be for us other than in pre-season. Seems like Mancini didn't rate him and has moved him on. I'm sure he'll be back in England in a few years and I'm disappointed it didn't work out for him here.

I think he would have gotten some games had he stayed and Shaun left as there is always a need for wingers, and we only have Johnson. Also, Weiss offers the "blistering pace" factor we don't have. From what I've read, he could have stayed but was told he'd have limited chances, hence his "big decision" as mentioned on Twitter.

I wish him well also and think he will be in a top European league again within a few years. Mancini will definitely want a natural winger with Weiss and SWP on the way out. Johnson is good (or can be good) but he is more of a technical winger than one who will burst past players with pace - a type of player every squad should have at least one of I think.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
I think he could have made it with us if he was a given a chance in the premier league but 4 million is a decent price. Good luck to him.

Fuck off he couldnt make it at BOLTON when they were shit!!

They had Lee Chung-Yong, one of the revelations of the league two seasons back, in his position that year. Weiss improved at Rangers and that he is still improving is important because it suggests he still isn't a finished product. I would have liked him to have stayed but can understand his decision to leave, at some point being loaned out constantly and/or being on the fringes of your parent club must become tiresome.

I'm not sure we can get a cheap winger (which it looks like we want, the club wouldn't budge on a low offer for Cerci) who is better than Weiss for a similar cost.

Good luck to the lad but saying 'Rangers till I die' on Twitter over & over really shouldn't endear him to us Blues after developing him for a good few years.

LoveCity said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
I think he could have made it with us if he was a given a chance in the premier league but 4 million is a decent price. Good luck to him.

Fuck off he couldnt make it at BOLTON when they were shit!!

They had Lee Chung-Yong, one of the revelations of the league two seasons back, in his position that year. Weiss improved at Rangers and that he is still improving is important because it suggests he still isn't a finished product. I would have liked him to have stayed but can understand his decision to leave, at some point being loaned out constantly and/or being on the fringes of your parent club must become tiresome.

I'm not sure we can get a cheap winger (which it looks like we want, the club wouldn't budge on a low offer for Cerci) who is better than Weiss for a similar cost.

If he was coming good or getting better he wouldnt be going to Dynamo Kiev. they are not exactly in the elite clubs of Europe

BoyBlue_1985 said:
If he was coming good or getting better he wouldnt be going to Dynamo Kiev. they are not exactly in the elite clubs of Europe

No but they are offering very good money. We might have had bids from other clubs but none matching Kiev's bid of £3.9m, which is a good offer and might include a sell-on clause.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.