VPN Advice - (2020 pg12)

Sorry - just seen this. Are you on Nord?? If so, then use UK Server #1735, or, UK #1852. I use them every day from here (Jamaica) and get all the iPlayer/ITV hub/Ch.4 player etc. etc. with no problems.

Having told you this, now, I'm sure some prick from the BBC or ITV will be checking this thread, and will block those servers straight away!!
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm not with Nord. I'm using IP Vanish. And even using a UK server, I'm still geoblocked.

Im thinking of getting a vpn but just have 2 questions if anybody can help.

Can i sign up to Hulu/netflix in the us and how long is it likely to stay on for?

Can i watch streams that are blocked from EU countries because of data laws if i use a server from that country?

Sorry if these are obvious questions but im a noob with vpns.

Can i sign up to Hulu/netflix in the us and how long is it likely to stay on for?

Can i watch streams that are blocked from EU countries because of data laws if i use a server from that country?

I use Nord VPN.
It has been great for accessing sites that pirates like that are blocked in the UK.
Ive tried to watch the BBC from France with a UK connection and it was blocked.
Ive also tried to watch Amazon from the UK. I did manage to watch something on PBS having used an American site.
it seems like the ‘higher’ profile sites can tell when you are using a VPN and others don’t .
My main benefit is downloading movies and music from sites run by one eyed men with parrot on their shoulder overlooking a small curved sea inlet.

I use Nord VPN.
It has been great for accessing sites that pirates like that are blocked in the UK.
Ive tried to watch the BBC from France with a UK connection and it was blocked.
Ive also tried to watch Amazon from the UK. I did manage to watch something on PBS having used an American site.
it seems like the ‘higher’ profile sites can tell when you are using a VPN and others don’t .
My main benefit is downloading movies and music from sites run by one eyed men with parrot on their shoulder overlooking a small curved sea inlet.
Not really arsed about downloading movies tbh. Are you saying its not great for streaming sites pal?

In answer to your first question.

Yes, if you have a UK netflix account, you can use the VPN to access the US netflix, Canadian netflix, Mexican Netflix...all of them. Definitely one of the bonuses of having a VPN.
Regarding Hulu, you can use your VPN to access the site but unfortunately to sign up for a hulu account you need US payment details and a US billing address. I have read that you can buy a hulu gift card online and use that as the form of payment - but for me it just seemed a bit complicated and not really worth the hassle.

In answer to your second question.

Yes.

Not really arsed about downloading movies tbh. Are you saying its not great for streaming sites pal?
I found it was no good for Amazon and for BBC when in Europe.
They have work arounds, but they didn’t work either.

It seems to me, but I’m no expert, that the better streaming sites ie Amazon and the like recognise VPN.

I've never tried this before but if you use a VPN to pretend you're in the US and login to Netflix with the ID you use in the UK, will they stop you logging in or only show UK content?

I'm interested in HBO Max and Hulu but won't they ask for a US address for your billing address?

VPN's seem sort of pointless for streaming.

This is correct. I got all giddy when i first got my VPN, thinking it would unlock a whole new world of online opportunity. But yeah that was scunnered when they started asking for a US billing address.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.