VPN Advice - (2020 pg12)

I'm interested in hearing from anyone with a NordVPN subscription, I'm on a 100mb connection what speeds can I expect which servers do you recommend? There seems to be more to it than the closest and least empty by the looks of it.

Is there any chance of getting the full 100mb? I've never subscribed to any before but it would seem a waste paying for 100mb if you're only getting half because you want to stay behind your VPN at all times.

Try @aguerrrroooooooooooo mate. He uses Nord, be very surprised if you get anywhere near 100mb behind a VPN.

Try @aguerrrroooooooooooo mate. He uses Nord, be very surprised if you get anywhere near 100mb behind a VPN.
Yeah I suppose my expectations are a bit high, it's the price you pay for privacy I guess.

Well anyway if anyone's interested there's some good deals(discount codes) still on with NordVPN working out at $4 a month for a year's subscription or the same for 2 years if you prefer.

1 Year Deal
2 Year Deal

Last edited:
I'm interested in hearing from anyone with a NordVPN subscription, I'm on a 100mb connection what speeds can I expect which servers do you recommend? There seems to be more to it than the closest and least full by the looks of it.

Is there any chance of getting the full 100mb? I've never subscribed to any before but it would seem a waste paying for 100mb if you're only getting half because you want to stay behind your VPN at all times.

Do you need to stay behind it permanently? I only have a VPN on my computer that does torrenting - speeds there are about 60-65mb at best, compared to 100+ everywhere else.

Generally, I use a dutch server, as they allow P2P and are still pretty fast.

Do you need to stay behind it permanently?
I did have that thought but to be honest it seems a lot of faffing around and I don't do much torrenting these days, it's mainly for Kodi use and it's a shared connection so it would defeat the purpose unless they ask me to enable it every time they want to watch something. The main draw for me is just the principle of our privacy, one quote from Snowden in particular swayed me:
Edward Snowden: "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say."

"When you say, ‘I have nothing to hide,’ you’re saying, ‘I don’t care about this right.’ You’re saying, ‘I don’t have this right, because I’ve got to the point where I have to justify it.’ The way rights work is, the government has to justify its intrusion into your rights."

I only have a VPN on my computer that does torrenting - speeds there are about 60-65mb at best, compared to 100+ everywhere else.

Generally, I use a dutch server, as they allow P2P and are still pretty fast.

I'd be happy with 60Mbps which provider are you with pia?

I've already set NordVPN up tonight with a years subscription via openvpn router client(best way IMO). It was time consuming researching the latest stable firmware(TP-Link DD-WRT), how not to brick the router like quite a few people on the forums ended up doing(anyone thinking of going down this route be careful to read up on your model before you start, you'll spend far more time trying to correct something than the time you saved skipping over things) and trying to get all my settings how they were before but it was worth it in the end, it went pretty smoothly.

I'm getting 30-35Mbps via a standard VPN server(will probably have a try of some of the others when I can be bothered) which isn't too bad I guess, plus it doesn't affect anyone(no reboot required) enabling and disabling it if anything requires a little more.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.