Wag wars: Coleen Rooney vs Rebekah Vardy

I wonder if there is a strong correlation between those that love the celebrities today and those that love the monarchy?

I wonder if anyone has tried to capture stats on it.

Most monarchist are older and most folk who swoon over celeb shit like this are younger and less likely to be monarchists compared to older folk. They are more likely to vote Labour though…I’ll just leave that thought there ;)

Don’t think anyone cares that much about them - but the case itself is interesting

It was interesting in the beginning but it became clear very early on (ie on day 1) that Vardy was going to lose.

One of the things that keeps being repeated by legal commentators (and the judge!) is that this should never have made it to court. A lot of the media took that to mean "this silly WAG nonsense shouldn't be in courts" but what they actually meant was this is such an obvious loser of a case why is Rebekah Vardy insisting on seeing it through? She ended up putting herself on trial when she was the plaintiff.

The only reasonable conclusion is that Rebekah Vardy, who was exposed to be desperate for fame, decided that this high profile court case was going to give her the fame she wanted and that's worth the millions its cost her husband.

It was interesting in the beginning but it became clear very early on (ie on day 1) that Vardy was going to lose.

One of the things that keeps being repeated by legal commentators (and the judge!) is that this should never have made it to court. A lot of people took that to mean "this silly WAG nonsense shouldn't be in courts" but what they actually meant was this is such an obvious loser of a case why is Rebekah Vardy insisting on seeing it through?
Vardy doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the box?

Vardy doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the box?

I think she's obsessed with fame and decided that this trial and the associated publicity, memes, jokes, salacious details etc. would make her famous.

We will see if it pays off in a year or two if she's fronting some Channel 4 documentary or doing the rounds on 8 out of 10 Cats etc.

But it was ok for her to go selling stories about others to the press. What if Peter Andre had done himself in. What about the bullying he has had to endure or that of his kids.
What if Rooney had done something to herself after all these leaks Barry had given to the press.
She played with feathers and got her arse tickled.

Obviously I hope hardy doesn’t do anything silly. She should just retreat to a quiet life and let it go now.

of course, agree with all that and she deserves the punishment she has got from the court of law

just uncomfortable with extreme social media abuse thrown at anyone - after Caroline Flack and the #be kind slogan that went around I thought there was a chance that things would get better, but it seems its got worse, the vitriol and hatred some receive online is pretty disturbing and needs to be curbed, in my opinion of course.

of course, agree with all that and she deserves the punishment she has got from the court of law

just uncomfortable with extreme social media abuse thrown at anyone - after Caroline Flack and the #be kind slogan that went around I thought there was a chance that things would get better, but it seems its got worse, the vitriol and hatred some receive online is pretty disturbing and needs to be curbed, in my opinion of course.
I agree with you 100 % . After Caroline Flack died you would think people would take a step back. It’s ok coming out with all these hashtags and offering support and if you have been effected messages but the reality is that it’s lasts what two weeks and people go back to being complete c***s.

Today you have twitter/instagram Facebook etc and everyone can make a comment or abuse people. Apart from here I don’t have any other social
Media. Maybe it’s because I’m 41 or just that it doesn’t interest me. I’d rather have a chat on here for a bit or banter with my mates on WhatsApp.

I have two kids and one is a teen and I said to my wife the other day, for all that the youth have today I would not have traded mine in to be a kid today.

Anyway I digress.

For me Vardy had everything she could possibly have wanted but kept in pushing for more and was trying to possibly carve a name out for herself in her own right but somewhere along the line it got way out of control. Hopefully she comes out a better person for this experience and uses it in a positive way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.