Walkers Stadium Shaking

I was in N1 on row PP and there was some serious resonance going on.

I love that the engineers designed the Leicester stadium not to be able to cope with lots of jumping up and down. I take it they didn't particularly rate the team at the time?

rallyraid said:
Leicester season ticket holder here that just wants to say, yesterday from the Kop stand (behind the other goal) that looked the most impressive thing I've ever seen in the away end.

Well done for getting everyone into it and for the red/black tribute for Neil.

By the way I could feel the stand shaking at the other end and funnily enough the walkers stadium cannot hold music concerts because the stands weren't designed to have alot of people jumping up and down at the same time!

This was in the local paper a year or two ago when the Tigers built the new Caterpillar stand as they can hold concerts there.

Cheers Rally.
SO WE HAD A NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE THEN ??

I was near the top and I Took a second just to feel how much it was shaking and it was crazy! Thought it was going to fall through, imagine I'd you were in the toilets at the time. Would literally **** yourself...

rings up the taxi firm

kenzie115 said:
I love that the engineers designed the Leicester stadium not to be able to cope with lots of jumping up and down. I take it they didn't particularly rate the team at the time?

When it was being built we were still just in the Premeirship!

Apparently they wanted Status Quo there a few years back but because it wasn't designed for a lot of movement it got scrapped and when Will Young and some other middle of the road act played at the Tigers ground the other year it all came to surface.

This went through my mind when I could feel the shaking right over yonder!

Thank god were no longer at Maine road then, apparently when they ripped the seats out for it to be demolished there was cracks all over the stands. I was sat on row two so didn't really feel it shaking but I got a good view of it. Looked amazing just want a good luck of it on the tele.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope they've done the stress test properly at landsdowne Road. If we thought the Walkers was rocking that place will bounce for sure

Was on LL in M1 and I felt it too, even at times when Leicester got a corner and their fans started clapping or whatever.

I sit on the front row of the second tier just above 110 at CoMS too, and it shook during the Poznan in one of the matches. Also remember the upper Kippax shaking when Neville fed the Goat.

This is a mesage to the Leicester fans reading and contributing to our threads. Thanks for a good day out. Met a few of your fans yesterday who were genuinely complimentary and thanks for the comments on here. It's refreshing to be able to have good banter between fans. I hope you have a good season (FA Cup apart) and if you want to do you own version of "The Poznan or Braunston" as someone put it on your fanzone in the Championship be our guests.

Here's to your promotion this year and maybe we can get the whole ground doing it next time we come, now that would be something.

You may need another new stadium afterwards though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.